PS3 General

10 Nov 2012
By: existenz1 Member 5628 Posts
Level 4

Will the PS4 support 4K

[ Edited ]
26 Replies 2233 Views edited 10-11-2012

I am looking forward to the PS4.

I also hope Sony dont over react the other way to the lessons learned from the PS3.

Just make it advanced tech AND easy for developers to code to..

I want 4k and 10year lifecycle.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 27 (2,233 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Will the PS4 support 4K

what is 4k ?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 27 (2,208 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Haha i think he want's £4000,00 & a 10yr life cycle,     dont think £4000,00 is going to last that long,:smileyvery-happy:

4K is to do with the resolution. (4000 pixels) don't think it out yet though,Soon but not yet,:smileylol:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 27 (2,198 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

That's some serious screen Rez, but I really be surprised if the ps4 had the man
Power to push that many pixels on screen, while maintaining a solid frame rate etc.. But if it can... Boy won't games look stunning
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 27 (2,189 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

oh,i thought he meant 4G at first :smileyvery-happy:

No idea mate,no one knows,everyone can speculate,that is all

FF14:ARR-Mancunian Metal

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 27 (2,182 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Not a chance the the PS4 will do games in 4K if you want any sort of visual quality.

Tetris maybe.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 27 (2,156 Views)
Level 6

existenz1 wrote:

I want 4k and 10year lifecycle.

your aiming to low. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U7e_quvkPQ However; if you want a ps4 in 4k i'll be happy to support your thread IF you send me the $25k for buy a 4k tellybox http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId...
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 27 (2,133 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Most of the newssites did report on some rumours back in August. Rumours about the PS4 supporting 4K, and fitting into the plans from Sony, on pushing/backing 4K to their consumers. So, it seems likely, just a matter of how they will do this. It could "just" be video playback, or upscaled video output with 4K resolution. 

James91 wrote:
Not a chance the the PS4 will do games in 4K if you want any sort of visual quality.

Going with experience, they really made a lot of noise about 1080p resolution, before the release of PlayStation 3. But it's not like we have a huge variety of native 1080p games... 

Battlelog - The Battlefield Sunday Event: Sundays 8pm
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 27 (2,116 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Cimbrer wrote:

Most of the newssites did report on some rumours back in August. Rumours about the PS4 supporting 4K, and fitting into the plans from Sony, on pushing/backing 4K to their consumers. So, it seems likely, just a matter of how they will do this. It could "just" be video playback, or upscaled video output with 4K resolution. 

James91 wrote:

Going with experience, they really made a lot of noise about 1080p resolution, before the release of PlayStation 3. But it's not like we have a huge variety of native 1080p games... 

indeed

They need to keep the cost lower than the Ps3 at launch as they lost a lot of early hopefulls to the 360 and they don't want to do the same again next time round

4k is it realy needed? I wouldn't think so.

As for 10 years life cycle that what they expect of the Ps3 and the PS2 got that be it only little support the PS1 got 7/8 years support.

10 years for the PS3  so PS4 should get 10 years no problems.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 27 (2,111 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I don't see next gen systems to support Ultra HD or 4K res as standard. First it requires huge amount of processing, memory (video and main RAM)  and will require a lot more storage space. All reports so far (not official) states that Sony are heading to PC architecture with PS4. So we would see that both PS4 and the next Xbox to be similar systems. No more bad port games.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 27 (2,080 Views)
0 Kudos