Re: Will there be a PS5?

Nothing ever reaches a maximum. A point at which it can not be improved upon. Assuming the human race and Sony survive that long, it's likely that there'll be a Playstation of some form for hundreds of years to come.

Perhaps in the future the technology will be so advanced that you could be mentally hooked up to the Playstation and actually feel like you are there, in the game. I think though that as the technology improves we'll see games that look almost real with AI and physics much more advanced. Perhaps AI so advanced that you can interact with characters in the game just as you would a normal person. They could appear to have their own free will and not be restricted by any pre set routine like we have today.

I agree, technology moves at such a fast pace that by the time it becomes a commercial reality, it is already obsolete, to be honest both PS3 and 360 are not at the cutting edge of computer science, not by a long shot. If money was no object im sure todays tech could build a games machine maybe 4 generations ahead of this new generation, £425 or £289 respectively in my eyes does not buy cutting edge technology. video games revolutions are few and far between the last one being the jump from two dimenional space into the third ,the next major jump, who knows? since the ps1 all major hardware launches have only offered a evolutionary jump ie improved visuals,physics, this will probably be the trend for the next 20 years or so, unless some fantastic cheap new display technology raises its head sooner rather than later, maybe along the lines of those early 1990's VR headsets.....
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 60 (1,395 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

I hope a future Xbox will be an AI contruct that looks and acts like Cortana, and you can link her to the TV to play games :Lol: wait a second...that sounded so dirty
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 60 (1,395 Views)
0 Kudos

By the time PS5, or maybe even PS4 for that matter, hit the shelves, I will have left videogaming behind.

By that time, I'll have other priorities in life.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 60 (1,395 Views)
0 Kudos

It's going to be weird after 4, if the next console is expected in 10 years, per say.I doubt the PS4 will be released in 10 years. Sony are just saying that so people think £425 is a good investment as they‘ll be using it for the next decade. The PS4 will be released in 5-6 years from now.

Once the Xbox 720 is released Sony will want to bring out their next-gen console soon afterwards to stop it getting a huge head-start. Consumers are fickle and impatient and will happily buy a new more powerful console.

This will be especially true if the 360 sells well and the PS3 sells disappointingly. Sony won’t want to start from behind again.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 60 (1,395 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

I dont like to admit it but I too probably wont be a gamer by the time the PS5 comes out :Lol:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 60 (1,400 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I can see the PS4 coming out in about 6 years time, but the PS3 will still be its main console for another 7 years +, hence why im getting my PS3 on launch, to maximize its usage, my PS2 will have only had 4 years I think overall paying the £425 now will get me alot of usage from the console as it will be harder to fund my gaming habits come PS4, i'll be finished at University and probably working in a proper job, so i doubt i'd get a PS4 until i ould practically afford one PS3 will be my last console in which i will have the time to play alot
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 60 (1,400 Views)
0 Kudos

Everyone calm down,

The PS3 is not even out yet
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 60 (1,400 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

PS5>PS4>PS3>PS2>PS1 Truefax.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 60 (1,400 Views)
0 Kudos

What's the point if gaming power has reached it's maximum?

FINALLY people are starting to realise this. I don't think systems more powerful than PS3 will be able to give us anything more to enhance our gaming experience. After this generation, Msoft and Sony will have to do things a bit differently... like Nintendo realised about 5 years earlier. But when the PS3 teaches Sony a lesson about treating all of it's customers well, we will see something very worthwhile in the PS4, whereas Microsoft may do what Sony did this time, or may learn from Sony's mistake. Either way, the next-next gen will show us real change, when the consumer actually does want it.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 60 (1,400 Views)
0 Kudos

my estimate is PS4 will be the last normal playstation (where all thats updated is power n graphics). after that i reckon it will be virtual reality or something really innovative, I mean PS5 will be what, 20 years time, give the human race some credit!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 60 (1,400 Views)
0 Kudos