03 Apr 2008

Playstation Staff

Wireless Booster???

14 Replies 567 Views Created 03-04-2008
hi all, does anyone know whether there is a USB wifi booster you can buy so that you can detect weaker signals and still use them?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15 (567 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Wireless Booster???

Nope.. Sorry.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15 (567 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

You really shouldn't be trying to steel your neighbors internet, its not good for your health!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15 (567 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Na that would be cool though, I'd be able to move my consoles to the studio then rather than have to buy loads of gear to be able to use the ethernet ports lol
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15 (567 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

hi all, does anyone know whether there is a USB wifi booster you can buy so that you can detect weaker signals and still use them?

Yeh I have the same problem, with my girlfriends PS3, mine is near the router but hers is in the upstairs study, the house we live in was once three houses and because it's old the walls are foot thick, end result she can't update the PS3.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
PS3 / 60gb & a PS3 / 320gb HDD - Keyboard & Official Mic - Samsung HDTV 720p - 5.1 Surround sound

GAMES = EYEPET - UNCHARTED 2 - MUA 2 - BATMAN AA - FAT PRINCESS - PUNISHER - RED BARON - FFVII - inFAMOUS - ZEN PINBALL - RAGDOLL KUNG-FU - KILLZONE 2 - FLOWER - HV BOWLING - HIGH STAKES POKER - MOTORSTORM-PR - RESTISTANCE 2 - MK vs DCU - LBP - MOTORSTORM - RFOM - F1 - HEAVENLY SWORD - UNCHARTED - LAIR - WARHAWK - EVERYBODY'S GOLF - VIKING BATTLE FOR ASGARD - ASSASSIN'S CREED - GRAN TURISMO - RATCHET & CLANK - GTA 4 - CIVILISATION REVOLUTION - BUZZ - BURNOUT PARADISE - THE EYE OF JUDGEMENT - SOUL CALIBUR 4 - MGS4_____LBP level - Destination Hollow Earth - Give it a try! Most wanted = Uncharted 2
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15 (567 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15 (567 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

You need an access point or wireless bridge.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15 (567 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Yeh I have the same problem, with my girlfriends PS3, mine is near the router but hers is in the upstairs study, the house we live in was once three houses and because it's old the walls are foot thick, end result she can't update the PS3.

If all you want to do is update the PS3 buddy, just download the updates on a PC stick them on a memory pen and transfer it to your girlfriends PS3:Thumbs:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15 (567 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Do a bit of DIY! Cut a Pringles tube so it's about the length of your wireless router's antennae. The split this in half so it is like a skate board half pipe. Try and secure this onto your antennae so the open half is facing in the direction of where the other PS3 is and hope that this actually worked!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15 (567 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

You can but them (ebuyer.com may have some) but they cause lag The booster needs to recieve a signal, boost it, send it to the PS3, the PS3 then sends info back to the booster which then has to turn the signal back to the router and finally, off through the hole in your wall. Move closer to your router.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15 (567 Views)
0 Kudos