10 Dec 2010
Playstation Staff

YLOD Fix with Hairdryer

3 Replies 530 Views Created 10-12-2010

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I got the YLOD on my 60gb launch a month ago. I searched all over the place for a fix. I found the hairdryer fix. I know this is only temporary, and the YLOD will come back, but can anyone give me steps on doing this correctly.

You see, I've done it a few times. I've blown a hairdryer through the rear vents in my ps3. I did it for around 15 mins, and let it cool for a while. But, whenever I turn it on, i still get the yellow light. Sometimes, after I have blown it with the hairdryer, a red light comes on and flashes while beeps. This is only when it is still hot, though. 2 days ago, I used the hairdryer for around 15 mins. Put in it the fridge for 10, and let it cool in my room a while. It came on, but couldn't start as the correct hard disk couldn't be found meaning i forgot to put the hard drive in. I turned it off, put the HD in turned it on again, but all I got was the YLOD again haha.

So can anybody help me out? I have tryed it with the sweater/towel, put it in the fridge, etc. But it still will not work again. I don't know how exactly I got it on.

Thanks

Playstation 3 500GB - Xbox 360 Elite 120GB - Toshiba Regza 42'' HD TV - PSP 3000 Red 2GB- Toshiba 17.5'' L350 Satelite Laptop - Sandisk Sansa View 16GB MP3 Player - LG KC910 Renoir 8GB:smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy:
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (530 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: YLOD Fix with Hairdryer

it sounds like its too far gone to be saved im afraid to say m8

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (471 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

the problem may actually be the hard drive, which would explain why the console powered on without it - have you got a substitute hard drive you can try?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (446 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

No, it can't be the hard drive, I have tryed it with my orig. 60gb, and still doesn't turn on, so still YLOD.

Playstation 3 500GB - Xbox 360 Elite 120GB - Toshiba Regza 42'' HD TV - PSP 3000 Red 2GB- Toshiba 17.5'' L350 Satelite Laptop - Sandisk Sansa View 16GB MP3 Player - LG KC910 Renoir 8GB:smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy:
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (413 Views)
0 Kudos