07 Aug 2007
By: RushBD Member 3,762 Posts
Level 1

YPrPb Component to VGA Transcoder

6 Replies 249 Views Created 07-08-2007
Okay . I bought this off ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/YPrPb-Component-VGA-Box-HDTV-to-RGBHV-Monitor-720p_W0QQitemZ190129452979QQcmdZVi... Product description says that it will output 480p and 720p to any pc Monitor from PS3. I cant test it yet. I don't have a PS3/PS2 component cable now. But did anyone try this?? Thanks
Yahoo ID: riast1234 | MSN ID: riast1234@hotmail.com

There are 10 kinds of people. Those who know binary system and those who don't!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (249 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: YPrPb Component to VGA Transcoder

In theory it should work. The PS3 will think it's connected to a component device and should be able to offer 720p as an output option but the only problem will be whether the monitor recognises it or not.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (249 Views)
0 Kudos

AND if the moniter supports resolutions up to 1280x720 (720p) or more! (720x480 for 480p)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (249 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

In theory it should work. The PS3 will think it's connected to a component device and should be able to offer 720p as an output option but the only problem will be whether the monitor recognises it or not. Yea. i know that. Your monitor will have to have a feature called ' Sync on Green " Mine has it. It'll output 720p even if you dont have a widesceen monitor. But it'll be stretched and you'll need to adjust menually. Or you can use the transcoders horizontal centering option.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (249 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

did any one actually try it??

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (249 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I have the second version of this transcoder, you can find it on play-asia. It was one of the best buys i've ever made. The picture quality is amazing on my 22" CRT monitor 4:3 letterboxed at 720p with PS3 and 360. However there are a few issues with it that do annoy a little, i cant watch DVDs with it or upscale PS2 games. DVDs have this annoying pulsating band of colour in the top left quarter which keep fading in and out and of course you can't upscale DVDs over component. With upscaled PS2 games, the picture from them only takes up about 3/4 of the monitor with blackspace to the right and the monitors picture controls dont go far enough to work, without upscaling they work fine tho. And also, because my monitor is 4:3 and i have to add black space to the top and bottom, for some strange reason, at the very, very top of the picture there are 2 or 3 static white lines, i dont even notice them 95% of the time though. DVDs / upscaled xbox original games work absolutely fine on my 360.

Sharp Aquos 32" LCD + 1000W Samsung Home Cinema + PS3 + 360
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (249 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I have the second version of this transcoder, you can find it on play-asia. It was one of the best buys i've ever made. The picture quality is amazing on my 22" CRT monitor 4:3 letterboxed at 720p with PS3 and 360. However there are a few issues with it that do annoy a little, i cant watch DVDs with it or upscale PS2 games. DVDs have this annoying pulsating band of colour in the top left quarter which keep fading in and out and of course you can't upscale DVDs over component. With upscaled PS2 games, the picture from them only takes up about 3/4 of the monitor with blackspace to the right and the monitors picture controls dont go far enough to work, without upscaling they work fine tho. And also, because my monitor is 4:3 and i have to add black space to the top and bottom, for some strange reason, at the very, very top of the picture there are 2 or 3 static white lines, i dont even notice them 95% of the time though. DVDs / upscaled xbox original games work absolutely fine on my 360. thanks man . the only difference between the two version is: 2nd one is fully automatic and has 1080p support.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (249 Views)
0 Kudos