It's important that you read this post carefully in order to understand what I'm presenting you with here...
This feedback represents a summary of what has been said in this thread. If somethingyou haveraised has not been included in this summary, first check that your problem/feedback is not covered by something else in the summary. If you still cant see it fitting in to what is listed below, it's because I know your idea is unfeasible or unreasonable, or because the feedback you gave was not useful.
If you're still adamant that your feedback should be included, PM me and I'll do my best to work it out
Know this: I am only making one commitment by posting this list. That commitment is that I will pass everything listed here on to SCEE. Feature requests and bugs will be raised and Positive/Negative feedback will be presented to the relevant departments. I absolutely cannot commit to ensuring that anything here is implemented - I simply dont have enough kicking power to do that.
I've got a few comments to pass of my own before the super-list, here they are:
- I've seen an absolute mass of new members posting their first posts into this thread! Hello! Welcome to our community! We talk about games and stuff! We also play them, click here to find out more. Experienced members: be nice to the newbies, help them out where you can.
- I've read every message posted in this thread over the last two days. Moshii has been feeding me tea through an IV unit which has been most helpful. Regardless, I'm really, really impressed with the way you guys have presented your thoughts and feedback, and have commented on eachothers posts. This thread is an interesting read, so thanks for that
- If I were to sum up your feedback in
onetwo sentences, it would be these:
"We like new stuff, but absolute customisation is what we want. It's our console, let us use it our way"
- You guys rock, keep being awesome.
So, here it is:
The Friends List:
- A slider now appears when quickly scrolling through the friends list.
- The grey boxes which encase each friend are ugly and are not consistent with the design template for the rest of the XMB.
- The grey boxes look especially ugly when lined up. Having lots of friends makes for seriously unpleasing aesthetics.
- Display the total number of trophies earned by each friend underneath their ID.
- Add an option which allows users to group their friends into user-defined categories (From FW2.70)
- Change the way the friends list is displayed so that only the currently highlighted friend displays a grey box.
- Trophies appear much more quickly when the user attempts to view them
- Navigation of the XMB is generally faster and smoother
- The battery icon for controllers no longer covers the clock
- The new startup display is sexier!
- The ability to view your Internet Connection Speed is very useful for reference
- The What's New area is a far better way of presenting information from the PlayStation Network than the Information Board
- The ability to Copy and Paste works well, and is useful for copying links into the Browser
- Icons seem sharper and display better on a HDTV than previously
- Starting a game is faster
- Accessing the XMB whilst in game is faster
- Love the way the background blurs when a sub-menu is opened.
- The "unread message" icon is awesome, but needs a counter to specify how many unread messages the user has.
- The font size is too large, some users find this slightly insulting
- Animations on the XMB do not appear fluent
- Icons on the XMB are now too large
- The design of the XMB feels disjointed and confused. The grey boxes on the friends list do not suit the rest of the design template, for example
- There is now both an analogue AND a digital clock, which is not necessary
- The battery meter for controllers no longer suits the design template for the XMB
- Battery Icon for the Official Wireless Headset still overlays the clock
- PLAYSTATION 3 Jingle no longer chimes when loading a game. Subject of much distress for many users.
- Music now stops if the user attempts to view a friend's profile or opens anything in the settings menu.
- PlayStation Store is now under games, which makes no sense. The store does not provide only games. It should be under Network only.
- Last played games option doesn't restore your last session. It just starts the game.
- Comment line is MASSIVE in comparison to the amount of text which can be used when writing a comment.
- When in game, the XMB presents ALL options to the user, rather than just those which can actually be used whilst in game.
- Dynamic backgrounds can be turned off for each individual user, but cannot be turned off on the user selection screen. No matter what, every console now logs on to be greeted with glitter.
- The status bar overlays half the screen when displayed in Standard Definition
- What's new takes too long to load, making it unworth the hassle
- The PlayStation Store is far too intrusive now and makes PlayStation reek of marketting.
- Add an option to change the display size of the XMB, including font and icon size. Small, Medium and Large.
- Add an option which allows the user to specify where notification messages are displayed (FW2.80)
- Remove the PlayStation Store icon from the GAME menu.
- Add the ability for the 'Last played' section to restore the session of the most recently played game.Similar to the PSP's hibernate function.
- Add an RSS reader to the XMB, allowing the user to define which RSS feeds they want to read.
- Change thein game XMB so that only options which can be used during gameplay are available
- Add the option to change the theme at the user selection screen
- Add an option to optimise the XMB display for SD screens.
- Add the 'copy multiple' option to the Save Game Data utility to making backing up save data easier
- Add an option to 'fade-out' the XMB after a user-specified time of no input. This would result in the XMB fading away to leave only the background. An especially good way to show off your animated backgrounds~!
- Add the battery indicator for controllers and headsets to the status bar on the XMB, then stop it displaying as a seperate icon when the PS button is pressed.
- Add the ability to apply on specific parts of a theme. For example the icons only, or the font only.
- Add a counter to display exactly how many unread messages a user has.
- iPlayer no longer stutters during playback
- Bigscreen interface works well with a HD screen
- Bigscreen is easy to use with a DUALSHOCK/SIXAXIS controller
- Bigscreen interface is extremely difficult to use on an SDTV, as the user cannot 'zoom out' in order to view the full screen.
- Add the ability to zoom out when using the Bigscreen interface OR
- Add an option to display the Bigscreen interface in a way which is suitable for SDTVs.
- Add the option to download content, rather than streaming it.
- The iPlayer icon sometimes does not display for users
- Animated Backgrounds are super-cool
- The ability to designate multiple sound outputs is extremely useful for sound management.
- Love the ability to use the Right Analogue Stick to control fast forward/rewind
- Why no animated backgrounds available for SCEE territories at launch?
- The PS3 Browser STILL doesn't work properly with our forum.
- Bavia Sync cannot be used on older models of the PS3
- Add the option to choose whether the 'PS3 Slim' or 'PLAYSTATION 3' logo on startup
- Improve the Browser to enable full use of our forum
- Add the ability to use BRAVIA Sync on older, more obese consoles.
- Add the ability to play PlayStation 2 titles on all consoles.
- Add the ability to view the 'PlayTV' Guide from the XMB's TV menu
- The "Display [What's New]" setting does not work. Even when set to 'off', What's New is displayed regardless.
Quotes of the Thread:
This was something simply to keep me sane, and to give you lot an overview of what the rest of the community has been saying...
"Its OK, but it feels like it has been dumbed down for the wider market that Sony is going after.
XMB: 'Here is the game you were playing last night'.
Me: 'I know, I was there, my memory ain't that bad!'"
"Own up come on whos been feeding my icons chocolate with no exercise."
"So. Nice update. Too much focus on the marketing division, who suck, along with their interest groups. I doubt very much that anyone reasonably sane will vouch for the duplication of the Playstation store icons all over."
"Its not so much the grey boxes i dont like (they are kinda growin on me), its the way they stack up into one big block taking up half the screen. It would be better if they were seperated slightly just to break it up a little."
"Whats New..? - Great way of diving into your last 3 played games and news about the PlayStation Nation. Much better then the old news ticker! Although the new ticker still isnt up in SCEE regions yet...US and JPN have it guys... "
"It just frustrates me that Sony seem to be keeping tight-lipped about the features that everyone wants; where is the cross-game chat? I know it was never "expected" in 3.00, but no news at all!? People are screaming for it day in, day out... Sony should at least say where they stand on the whole issue."
"And please, for crying out loud, respect the majority of other European nations and stop giving them useless functions they obviously can't use and try giving them something they can instead."
"A more customizable experience would be great
That's one of the things I love about PS3, is the customization options. Instead of making the "Original" XMB the newer one without sparkles, let us choose exatcly what we want."
- Select a Language