Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Re : Your Thoughts on FW 3.00

Hi all

I really want BRAVIA SYNC on my 60GB PS3....As a Sony loyalist, I have all their consoles and have almost always had a Sony television. BRAVIA SYNC with my PS3 would be a dream.....Personally, I think that people who bought the PS3 earlier [and therefor paid much more -.-] shouldn't be forgotten and our views should carry a lot of weight. Some customer service that would be =/

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1381 of 1,531 (710 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

- Having the original colors back for the 'flowing' background (so dump the purple color), best would even be to have an option to just set the XMB back to the 2.8 look..

- Make it optional to not have the infobar (or at least give an option to select what you want to see on that bar, and resize the bar accordingly, now I have a big empty bar)

- there seems to be a problem with streaming media with FW3.0, on the PS3mediaserver site there are complaints about more and more stutter with FW3.0..

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1382 of 1,531 (703 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Your Thoughts on FW 3.00

i have to say, i don't like the new update at all, for these reasons:

• the friends list isn't an 'improvement' you can hardly tell whos on and offline without looking twice. it's ugly, big greay boxes with writing in it?
  • the new 'waves' are so girly, i mean come on...Sparkles?! the majority of people that use this system are males.
  • the new TV icon is pointless, all it does is take me to the web browser, to the i player website.
  • because of the TV icon the whole thing looks cramped up and a lot less sleek then the previous version.
  • and lastly the 'what's new' icon is also pointless as im used to going on to the disc icon to start a game up.
  • this brings me to the fact that the PS3 logo dosent come up when you start up a game, i loved that. 

so if theres anyway i could downgrade it would be appreciated if somone could PM me or something, 

sorry to be a bit mardy but i just hate it 

Thanks

~AngrY

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1383 of 1,531 (691 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i've read the OP and everything that i said is on there

lolz

~AngrY 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1384 of 1,531 (680 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Now on the playstation blog us. They are working on a update for 3.0 to fix the problems.. So 3.01 coming soon...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1385 of 1,531 (671 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Good day all,

I have went through most of Musterbuster's post. & everything is 3.0 is good the only thing that on some games the game crashes as most of the previous updates.

But I have noticed a major problem here that is not related o FW 3.0...

The problem resides within the SCEE coverage, as the PSN store releases downloadable content but not simultaneously. Where I reside in Saudi Arabia a lot of the content does not appear & I have to access the UK store to get the demos lisk IL-2 & Dirt 2. & some games do not arrive at all.

I do not wanna bring SCEEEA back.

MB, please sort this out, cause I really don't wanna support Microsoft or go there.

Message Edited by PSYCHOPATHiO on 04-09-2009 09:02 PM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1386 of 1,531 (665 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

ok obviously i like the fact that we get updates that is not to grumble about however what i find strange is this was touted as a "major update" and i dont think this was the case. i dont see why this update needed the 3.0 treatment. it most mostly tweaks as far as i can see, it had very little substance to it... i think at the end of the day for a 3.0 i wanted or was expecting my mind to be blown,, and sadly it wasnt. At the end of the day i want features!!!! if 3.0 had given me SKYPE!!! I would have dribbled all over the screen! or atleast cross game chat! A proper invite system that actually works for ALL games! you know something that is really usefull.. ok the annimated themes are cool but its soon worn off, and lets be honest how long do we look at the xmb background? the ps3 is to play games watch movies etc yeah? not a background machine lol, oh and btw on a sidenote, did the background go all fuzzy before when you selected something? if it did i didnt notice, but i hate that anyway! skpye skpye skype
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1387 of 1,531 (662 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

We're all different.  The better iPlayer integration IS a major deal for me - I think that's terrific.

But the menu thing (hide options) is the WORST of all possible worlds.  And I hope that can be made.

I understand others want Skype etc.  Personally I have no interest.  I haveother grumbles (the sparkly thing going on) but that's not major.

FIX THE MENUS....  IT'S A MAJOR ISSUE THAT AFFECTS EVERYONE.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1388 of 1,531 (652 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

3 IMPROVEMENTS

I have 3 HUGE improvements that are extremely easy to implement: 1. FIX THE CHAT NOTIFICATION - why has it been shortened and then displays "..."? I used to be able to see the whole message now I HAVE TO GO BACK to the chatroom to see the rest of the message? LAME. 2.The L1,L2,R1,2 are UNUSED in XMB. Use it to quickly scroll down quicker or to the bottom/top. 3.Music playback controls are totally useless, let us fast forward FASTER.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1389 of 1,531 (636 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Your Thoughts on FW 3.00 p.s. Don't SHOUT!!!

[ Edited ]
A message to all new members, it is very rude to shout in a thread :smileyvery-happy:
Message Edited by Pin-Pin-Ire on 04-09-2009 09:27 PM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1390 of 1,531 (626 Views)
0 Kudos