Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Your Thoughts on FW 3.00 p.s. Don't SHOUT!!!

One thing that would be massively appreciated would be a universal "screen size" adjustment option under the Display settings...

Currently almost everything on the console is offset from the sides of the screen (most aparrant on the picture viewer and web browser)... it doesn't effect games very much (and thankfully, a lot of games feature a screen size changing option within their options menues), but it has been an iritation for quite some time.

I doubt this is the case on all TVs, but I've seen it do this on 4 seperate sets so far!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1391 of 1,531 (598 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Re : Your Thoughts on FW 3.00

could not agree more, feel as though i dont know what happened lol
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1392 of 1,531 (580 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Sony is trying to make up the money they lost with no psn cards for almost 3 years with branding the PS store all over the
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1393 of 1,531 (579 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

RingforService schreef:

I haveother grumbles (the sparkly thing going on) but that's not major.

You can disable that in the 'theme settings', and you can almost set it back to the 2.8 flowing background (known as 'classic' if I'm not mistaken), except for the color (at least the few minutes I checked it I couldn't get rid of the purple color)..
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1394 of 1,531 (538 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

The OP covers it all basically the message here is CHOICE

• I Like the original "PLAYSTAION 3" Logo @ console startup & before a game executes on my UK 60GB & JP MGS Hagane Machines, I understand the "rebranding Stategy" but I have not as yet purchased a PS3 Slim, why FORCE the slim's Logo on me?
  •  The font Issue is understandable on certain Large TV sets, I don't (yet) have this problem, but the new font size makes the text too large, again why force this wholesale change without options?

The update on the whole was fine and well received however for some users it seems as things that were not issues have been "fixed"
Beta Trialist Since: 09-04-03

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1395 of 1,531 (508 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I cannot see anything wrong with the 3.00 update. I think everything is faster and I dont see why people complain about the "ugly" friends list, it's not like you have to look at it all day..

Well done Sony, a free service and if you add private voice chat and a party system I can see it becoming more popular then Xbox Live...and it's free. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1396 of 1,531 (500 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Fantastic news that Sony are willing to take negative feedback, after all it is for the improvement of the entire system, and thus the PS Brand.

Two things I haven't seen mentioned are.

* I'm not sure why Sony felt the need to add 'Sparkles' to an awesome background, and glad that there is a classic option. However it has me thinking that maybe Sony could add an option for 'Animations' under 'Theme Settings' so you can actually add the 'Sparkles' to whatever static image you have set as a background. You would obviously expand of the animations, by creating lots of variations.

How cool would it be to have an official Heavy Rain background image, with animated rain?!

* I'm still confused as to why Sony removed the 'Playstation 3' splash screen from the beginning of PS3 games? Especially considering as the games don't actually start up any quicker and instead of the cool jingle we are left staring at a blank screen. Also what will Sony put on the adverts now?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1397 of 1,531 (475 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Your Thoughts on FW 3.00

Ew_Tux wrote:

MusterBuster wrote:

Neo-Delta wrote:

I agree with everything said here;

http://scrawlfx.com/2009/09/what-went-wrong-with-ps3-firmware-v30

"None of these features had any consumer demand"

I can provide in excess of 4000 posts which say otherwise!!

MB

I'd be interested to see who in those 4000 posts requested the Grey Boxes in the friends list or the 2 clocks :smileyindifferent:

I want to see this also!!!

Any 'so-called' interface designer that has, erm... EYES can see the problems with the current GUI in v3.00.  But apparently that didnt stop someone signing off onit.

I'm awesome! What's your excuse?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1398 of 1,531 (466 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Your Thoughts on FW 3.00

i'm loving this new update more & more each day,it has changed my whole Ps3 experience to the better,features like multi audio output & "what's new" are very useful for me,i can use my headphones now without having to change the audio output from hdmi to av everytime & with "what's new" i can select one of the games i last played instead of looking for it in the long list,it's awesome. Thanks Sony. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1399 of 1,531 (458 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I'm only asking for one thing... okay, maybe two or more.

I want the "Red Stripes" as a background!

What the hell are the "Red Stripes"? You know, those wavy red stripes that move across the screen at the end of most PS3 videos from the PS Store and the PS Blogs.

I want dynamic themes too, along with the dynamic backgrounds that 3.0 brought.

I want user created dynamic backgrounds and themes also.

I want the ability to mix and match themes and backgrounds. ^_^

Message Edited by RockLeeX on 05-09-2009 03:00 AM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1400 of 1,531 (442 Views)
0 Kudos