04 Feb 2012

Playstation Staff

a little advice please....

5 Replies 230 Views Created 04-02-2012
Hi! So, im back to ps3 after a stint with Xbox 360. Now I'm back to ps3, I've started a whole new account and signed Upton ps plus for a year! I'm excited to be back, and even with current store problems, I appreciate my PS3 more than ever! I need advice.....
Can I log into my old ps account to download my old psn games to use on my new account? If I do this, what are the rules?
Can I re-download everything and delete the old account? Or will I need to keep my old account on my console whilst using the games?
It's a nice feeling starting again. My old psn name was lawless_benji. I've now changed to bengi_1983.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (230 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: a little advice please....

You can. Just make a new account on your PS3 and recover your old PSN account and then download all the games off your download list. But yeah you will have to keep that account on your PS3 and I think the password for the account may also be saved to the console.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (222 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thanks! Will games not work without the old account or password saved? If it has to be done, then so be it! I spent quite a bit of money before.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (216 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

you can't transfer dlc or games to another account so you will have to have the old one active on the console. It's to stop game sharing. I'm sure you will be able to play them and get the trophies etc on new account though (though someone may correct me)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (175 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

as long as the main account (ie. the old 1) is stored on your console along with the password then you may use the content on the secondary account (the new 1)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (125 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

yep it will work as I did the same when I came back to the PS3 last christmas, all my old trophy list and DLC was still available to me, though I never changed account names.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (91 Views)
0 Kudos