Re: best place to sell games?

first thing is first, don't go to GAME or gamestation as they are thieves and their trade in prices are beyond a joke,

Are they? I have always found GAME to be very reasonable on trade in prices. I traded in Sega Rally in GAME as they offered me £25 trade in a few weeks back. Blockbuster offered me £7 for the same game on the same day. This was the week after Juiced 2 HIN was released.

I don't know if most of you are aware, that most of the big chain stores & independants trade-in prices are set by using a monthly magazine called funnily enough, GAME (was an independant magazine though) that is subscrible to the trade which lists recommended trade-in prices for each game. If a game is new and not yet listed, it gives a guide to how much to offer dependant on how new the title is, how popular it is & how much it cost to buy new. For most games, the options for buying were given in " Pristine Condition Trade In, Good Condition Trade In, Poor Condition Trade In & Unboxed" with cash prices being 20% less on average. Obviously prices were lowered for games without manuals or provided accessories.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 31 (300 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

well i intend to sell virtua tennis 3, f1, splinter cell, project 8 and cod3. im hoping around the 20/25quid mark i did that too with cex lol
Photobucket
Gamertag - yeilams
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 31 (300 Views)
0 Kudos

Try CEX mate, very good prices compared to game & gamestation!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 31 (300 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

ok.
on avforums explain the process lol.
and is it safe?

i've only sold 3 games on there so far but all have been ok, obviously nothing is garuanteed but it seems that most of the people on the av's are good people.

you just have to sign up then go to the forums and theres section for selling your games, go into that and post a thread with what your selling, simple as that. once you've sold your game you just go to private message with the person who you sold it to and exchange details. most people have got a trader rating which you can check, so if the persons feedback is 100% (i have'nt ever seen anyone without 100%) then chances are he or she is a genuine person.

hope this helps.

ps you can check a few peoples listings to see what info. they put in their post, honestly mate, so many people do it.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 31 (300 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

with cex do i have to find a cex store? because the nearest one isnt very near
Photobucket
Gamertag - yeilams
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 31 (300 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

well cex is very near me so i'll go to the store cheers people!
Join the Alter Bridge UK Street Team
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 31 (300 Views)
0 Kudos

well i intend to sell virtua tennis 3, f1, splinter cell, project 8 and cod3.
im hoping around the 20/25quid mark

i did that too with cex lol

Formula One is £29.99 new at most places now (£29.99 at GAME and Blockbuster have just dropped the price on a lot of their new titles barring the chart ones) & the chains sell it for around £20 used. In reality you should be looking at around half the current lowest new selling price if you want to sell it as if the chains are selling used for the same amount of money, people will be reluctant to pay the same price plus postage for the game if they can buy it from their local shops at that price without postage.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 31 (300 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

well i intend to sell virtua tennis 3, f1, splinter cell, project 8 and cod3. im hoping around the 20/25quid mark i did that too with cex lol they are pretty old games now and you will definitely not get £20-25 for any of those
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 31 (300 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

really? on amazon at 20-25 they were 5pound cheaper than other used ones
Photobucket
Gamertag - yeilams
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 31 (300 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

really?
on amazon at 20-25 they were 5pound cheaper than other used ones

This is what cex offer in cash:
Splinter Cell - £16
Virtua Tennis - £13
Tony Hawks - £12
COD 3 - £10

you won't do much better than that I don't think, you may get a little more on ebay for some of them
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 31 (300 Views)
0 Kudos