16 Oct 2008
By aLp27
Playstation Staff

getting the ps3 to turn off automatically after download

12 Replies 8,392 Views Created 16-10-2008

Hi Guys,

I have downloaded the firmware 2.50 and luckly no problems with that. However it said in the blurb that you can set the ps3 to turn itself off after a download is complete. I cannot find this option anywhere.

I have been to power save settings and it isnt there, only the option to turn the ps3 off after a period of inactivity. I have tried turning the PS3 off whilst an item is downloading but this just turns it off straight away.

What am I doing wrong?? help!!

alp27
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13 (8,392 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: getting the ps3 to turn off automatically after download

I think you have to try and turn it off whilst it's downloading using the power icon under the users section.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13 (8,364 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

TomBeta wrote:
I think you have to try and turn it off whilst it's downloading using the power icon under the users section.

When you start a download isnt there a box to tick to turn the playstation off after the download has finished the same as with firmware downloads i havent checked, but i though it would be like that.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13 (8,360 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

revolver20 wrote:

TomBeta wrote:

When you start a download isnt there a box to tick to turn the playstation off after the download has finished the same as with firmware downloads i havent checked, but i though it would be like that.

I would have thought that too but when I start a download it just has "download in background" as always... nothing about switch off.... I will check the user icon tonight as per what tom said...
alp27
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13 (8,353 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

It didn't allow me to download in the background but i got what revolver said and did that
CALL ME GIBBSY!!!!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13 (8,340 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

aLp27 wrote:

revolver20 wrote:

TomBeta wrote:

I would have thought that too but when I start a download it just has "download in background" as always... nothing about switch off.... I will check the user icon tonight as per what tom said...

After starting the download, go back to the XMB, select the Power Off option and select the option to turn off after the download has completed.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13 (8,335 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

G1885Y3 wrote:
It didn't allow me to download in the background but i got what revolver said and did that

did it work??
alp27
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13 (8,334 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Stuart1976 wrote:

aLp27 wrote:

revolver20 wrote:

TomBeta wrote:

After starting the download, go back to the XMB, select the Power Off option and select the option to turn off after the download has completed.

Is that the same as the new power save options that include turning the pads off?
alp27
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13 (8,327 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
Yeah it did, when i turned it back on it was ready there to install. Then when it finished it reset
Message Edited by G1885Y3 on 16-10-2008 11:43 AM
CALL ME GIBBSY!!!!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13 (8,326 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

aLp27 wrote:

Stuart1976 wrote:

aLp27 wrote:

revolver20 wrote:

TomBeta wrote:

Is that the same as the new power save options that include turning the pads off?

No.  It's the Power Off option at the top of the User List.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13 (8,307 Views)
0 Kudos