11 Dec 2011
Playstation Staff

gioteck EX-05 Wireless headset

20 Replies 3,549 Views Created 11-12-2011

Ok my first post, unfortunately in question form... Now I could well be missing some thing, but how do you charge them? I think I have every thing that should be in the box, but I can't work out how to charge them? Nothing mentioned in the instructions other than they NEED charging for 3 hours before use?

Thanks for any help in advance,

Alex

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21 (3,549 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: gioteck EX-05 Wireless headset

[ Edited ]

This will be interesting as No ones admitted to buying these yet on this forum.

People are buying the Wired version only.

Ive seen one review on Youtube and he completely skips over charging. if i remember correctly  

Edit = Dam can find the review any more...

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Pre ordered Kindle Fire TV
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21 (3,547 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Haha typical, trust me to have possibly bought some thing useless. Thank you for the reply
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21 (3,543 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Er I do find it hard to believe Gioteck left out the recharging instructions but I seam to be unable to find them on there site 

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21 (3,540 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Not sure if the link will work, but here are the instructions for the set up etc and I did say I may have missed some thing, but to what eludes me, it's the same as in the booklet that came with it.

http://www.gioteck.com/wordpress/?page_id=2094

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21 (3,531 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Yep thats what I was reading. 

They have completely missed out the Wireless headset and only done the base station.

so you have a left over charger but no socket to plug it in to on headset.  

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21 (3,519 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

fusion_goober141 wrote:

Ok my first post, unfortunately in question form... Now I could well be missing some thing, but how do you charge them? I think I have every thing that should be in the box, but I can't work out how to charge them? Nothing mentioned in the instructions other than they NEED charging for 3 hours before use?

Thanks for any help in advance,

Alex

You should be able to charge it up with the same cable you use for your ps3 pad.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21 (3,513 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

The only bit that's spare is the headset to Xbox360 controller link cable, every thing else is connected, there just doesn't seem to be anything left for charging? I've sent gioteck and the ebay shop a message asking about it, but I though I'd raise the question here as well...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21 (3,513 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I feel such a complete and utter idiot so please flame away :xCry:!!! I've found the charging cable, it was in my PS3 box from when I was getting the AV multi out cable... Good start to the forum (or not) I do apologise for wasting your time  :Stupid: 

On the plus side, atleast I'm a member who now owns a pair (of headphones) so may do a little review, when they're charged lol!

Sincere apologies,

Alex

ps Told you I may have missed some thing

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21 (3,511 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Just had a reply from gioteck customer services after I told them I had found the cable needed and I told them to have a laugh at my expence.

"Hello
Thanks for getting back to us to let us know all is OK. We are pleased to have been of assistance and we agree that the manual is not helpful for this product and it is not obvious what needs to be done. So we promise you we are not laughing and you haven't wasted our time that's what we are here for."

They seem nice :xLol:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21 (3,494 Views)
0 Kudos