26 Jun 2012

Playstation Staff

give a game to my friend

10 Replies 278 Views Created 26-06-2012

guys if i buy dead island from the PSN and wanted to sent the game to a friend whould i be able??? HELP FAST PLZ :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (278 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: give a game to my friend

As in gifting it? Nope. You'd have to buy them a PSN voucher or something.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (276 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I don't know if you want to do this but if you could wait 10 days you can get the goty edition From somewhere like shopto http://www.shopto.net/PS3/VIDEO%20GAMES/PS3DE41-Dead%20Island%20Game%20of%20the%20Year.html £16.85 that includes all DLC
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (269 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

wait i'll buy the PSN game card for purchasing the game and  u tell me i have 2 buy more stuff 2 give 2 my friend the game????

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (267 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

sr 2 disapoint u but i'm not from UK still thanks for the help

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (266 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

The only way you could do it is if your friend gave you their account details, so you could sign in as them on a profile on your PS3. Then buy the game, and delete their account. But that'd involve telling your friend all about it (which would suck if you were wanting it to be a surprise!), and them to really trust you with their account.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (245 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

bunnylations wrote:

The only way you could do it is if your friend gave you their account details, so you could sign in as them on a profile on your PS3. Then buy the game, and delete their account. But that'd involve telling your friend all about it (which would suck if you were wanting it to be a surprise!), and them to really trust you with their account.

that is called game sharing and is a big no no... and you activate your second ps3.. if he wants to buy a game for his friend as a gift, he will have to buy it in the shop.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
>>REMEMBER TO GIVE KUDOS IF YOU LIKE>>> Thumb up!
----

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (202 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

bunnylations wrote:

*slow-claps*

Fancy telling someone to give out their account details and breaking the T&Cs on the official PlayStation forum and exactly what we try to preach to younger/more gullible people not to do :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (188 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Ah the old game sharing rears up again. I'm sure the mods have the ban hammer at the ready
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (178 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Just to stick my head in here and give the official response here.

You must never give your account details out to anyone. Even if they are a trusted friend.

Also in theory, you could set your account up on a mates machine and download content to it, but remember that you can only download content to 2 PS3s at any one time.
yaster's Streambadge
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (171 Views)
0 Kudos