25 Sep 2010

Playstation Staff

how do i deactivate on old system when i dont have the system to hand

4 Replies 448 Views Created 25-09-2010

my first playstation got the dreaded ylod and i could not access the account managment so i got rid and bought the new slim i have logged onto the playstation store to down load a video rental and get the message user name/account is already activated on an other system please deactivate this system (old), before you can view downloaded video content on new system.

it seems odd that sony have this activate/deactivate system in place they are losing money by preventing viewing. on other systems someone else must have experienced this problem if they have switched to the new slim.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (448 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: how do i deactivate on old system when i dont have the system to hand

I think you can call them and explain and they can reset it, I have to try at some point as I went to activate video on my replacement slim to have it tell me I already have 1 console active, I am assuming this is my original 60gig which died last december from a frazzled RSX.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (406 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

you have 5 activations before it's game over, to remove the previous activations you have to call sony customer services, the number is at the top of the playstation general discussion forums as a sticky.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (397 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

cheers i'll give them a ring
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (334 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

I read a few weeks back on here that someone called CS and they couldn't do it for them, which seems daft I know but how on Earth are you suppose to if your consoles bricked? (like mine that's lying around somewhere in bits :Confused:

I guess I haven't much to loose (apart from a hefty BT phone bill) if I gave them a call to see what they say.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (332 Views)
0 Kudos