27 May 2009

Playstation Staff

how to connect laptop to ps3

16 Replies 113,628 Views Created 27-05-2009
i have heard that i can wireless connect my laptop to my ps3 so i and share my music and videos how do i do this i am at a loss i have xp on my laptop help help help...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17 (113,628 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: how to connect laptop to ps3

I wanna know this too.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17 (113,604 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

You have to have a media server "serving" the media to your network, so donwload something like tvesity or twonky (or you could use windows media player 11). From here, you tell the server to allow the sharing of media accross the network. From WMP you go to sharing, then allow the unknown device to see your media(this is actually your ps3). Then the server will appear on the xmb under the appropriate sections, ie video, pics and music.

If you need any more specific help just give a shout :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17 (113,623 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17 (113,597 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
There is no option in WM11 to allow my ps3 to connect to my laptop i dont see the '' allow the unknown device to see your media''. there is no option for this. im using XP btw.
Message Edited by stevewhu on 28-05-2009 02:13 AM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17 (113,565 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

stevewhu wrote:
There is no option in WM11 to allow my ps3 to connect to my laptop i dont see the '' allow the unknown device to see your media''. there is no option for this. im using XP btw.
Message Edited by stevewhu on 28-05-2009 02:13 AM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17 (113,582 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

yeah, media streaming is the way for the thing you want mate, their might be instructions on how to do it if you have a look under Network then Manuals? because it will give an updated manual after each update, so you know how to use the feature correctly :smileyvery-happy: hope it helps
- [TNW] jamshlfc :smileyhappy:                                    Follow jamshlfc on Twitter www.EverythingPlayStation.com

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17 (113,527 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

if you download ps media tunell for your laptop you can access your laptop from your ps3 web broswer and download music films etc
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17 (113,475 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

GrandTheftNiko wrote:
if you download ps media tunell for your laptop you can access your laptop from your ps3 web broswer and download music films etc

Nice, will give it a go cheers!

OP, we told you how to do this yesterday dude.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17 (113,465 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

My ps3 picks up my Acer laptop wirelessly for media sharing but its running Vista,you can still do it with an Xp laptop but you have got to have wmp11 installed,as i remember you have to mess about with the network and file sharing options but it didn,t take me long,setup the laptop first and your ps3 will search for servers and hopefully pick your laptop(im not sure about wired connections).
Lives of great men all remind us we may make our lives sublime and so departing leave behind us footprints in the sands of time.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17 (113,441 Views)
0 Kudos