PlayStation®3

PS3 General

PS3 General

13 Jul 2010
By: zeeshan Member 715 Posts
Level 3

how to delete psn account

4 Replies 1130 Views Created 13-07-2010

yep i want to delete a psn account aswell as a sub account...anyone know any idea how to delete the accounts because i want to use that email address to make a new psn name cos i dont like my old one...

SONY 60GB AND 250GB PS3
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (1,130 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: how to delete psn account

zeeshan wrote:

yep i want to delete a psn account aswell as a sub account...anyone know any idea how to delete the accounts because i want to use that email address to make a new psn name cos i dont like my old one...

I responded to this in the other thread, however you can't "delete" an account such that the email used for it will be usable for a new account. "deleting" refers to just removing the local data from the machine and not wiping the account from the Sony servers. Whether Sony can do this at your request I don't know, although I doubt they'd want the bother.
PSN: DrTrouserPlank
XBL: AgentKillmore
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (1,123 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

as said you can't delete the PSN account, only remove it from your PS3. The only way you might be able to free up that email for another PSN account is to change the email address on your current account

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (1,085 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

well, how do i delete/ remove a sub account from a master account.
SONY 60GB AND 250GB PS3
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (1,072 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

zeeshan wrote:
well, how do i delete/ remove a sub account from a master account.

You can't but what you may be able to do is get your cousin to log in on his account and go to account settings and change his e-mail to another one.  That then frees up that e-mail for a new account.  

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (1,060 Views)
0 Kudos