04 Jun 2012
Playstation Staff

i would like to congratulate sony on their stupidity on the new ps3 slim

10 Replies 474 Views Created 04-06-2012

I bought the red ps3 limited edition from eb games with that 387 package deal last one left.

i turned it on looked at it and realised it has no wifi led which i dont really care for but they have also removed the blu ray blue light to let you know if a disc is in there or not well done now i wont know if someone puts a disc in my console what did you save sony 5 bloody bucks the other ideas with the heatsink and fan are okay i suppose lets hope it doesn't overheat.

what IS needed is better wifi perfomance couldnt they do something about the reception or even maybe of added a wireless N and not kept it with B/G

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (474 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: i would like to congratulate sony on their stupidity on the new ps3 slim

do you live in a really big house?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (433 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

That's bad if you don't even know where your discs are at anyone time :smileyindifferent: I always leave the last played game inside my machine so I 100% know that when I play a new game to eject the old one. Its hardly rocket science.

It doesn't take much effort to turn the PS3 on by the eject button (disc pops out if there's one inside - viola).

Or tell other uses to always take the disc out after play. But you still have to check just in case so check the game case at the top of the pile for confirmation. Or just go back to point No1.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (428 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

deepershades wrote:
do you live in a really big house?

Eh, I think the Wireless N complaint is legit. It is very cheap to implement and they have had plenty of opportunity to do so. 

As much as I feel the Xbox platform is pretty poor when it comes to actual games, Microsoft have done one thing better when it comes to their hardware. They have improved it as the console lifecycle has progressed, not made it worse, and continually made it worse even past the typical timeframe for when console manufacturers usually do that.

I understand that Sony started off on such a high level with the PS3 so bringing it down to a certain level was fine. But they are removing such trivial things that generally just cheapen the product and don't particularly help foster any appreciation of it as a customer. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (408 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

ytevo79 wrote:

That's bad if you don't even know where your discs are at anyone time :smileyindifferent: I always leave the last played game inside my machine so I 100% know that when I play a new game to eject the old one. Its hardly rocket science.

It doesn't take much effort to turn the PS3 on by the eject button (disc pops out if there's one inside - viola).

Or tell other uses to always take the disc out after play. But you still have to check just in case so check the game case at the top of the pile for confirmation. Or just go back to point No1.

Just like checking your car isn't in gear after your mum has used it!

To be honest I barely ever register the lights so wouldn't bother me. If it saves them 5 bucks then thats 5 bucks less they are losing on making the console in the first place.

GD Trophy Hoarders Sig
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (407 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

LOL :smileyvery-happy: Good point though.

I've owned my 250 Slim for nearly 2 years and I never even realised that the light tells me if there is a disc in or not until recently with these very similar posts.

Another way around it is just boot to XMB and you'll see the game ready to play if there is one inserted. No icon no game.

Some people just love to moan about nothing these days.

*goes back to Logicintuwisdom topic about the PS3s browser* :xRolleyes:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (398 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

cheekiness aside is there a genuine need for wireless N on the PS3 ?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (391 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Here's an idea, walk up to your console and press the eject button. It will take a second and you will know if A disk is in there as a disk would pop out if it was left inside. Calling a company stupid, because you're to lazy to get off your arse to press a button, is just silly.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (381 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

They need to add a huge red light to tell you if the other lights are working & the discs need to have tracking tech for retards who don't know where they left them.

I would like to congratulate sony for putting up with idiot virgins.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (340 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

half0pipe wrote:

Here's an idea, walk up to your console and press the eject button. It will take a second and you will know if A disk is in there as a disk would pop out if it was left inside. Calling a company stupid, because you're to lazy to get off your arse to press a button, is just silly.

you beat me to that reply. another way of  saying it is, put game disk/movie disk in. then once you are done playing the thing eject the disk.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (284 Views)
0 Kudos