PlayStation®3

PS3 General

PS3 General

11 Mar 2012
By: pooingtons Member 24 Posts
Level 1

music software on ps3

18 Replies 2530 Views Created 11-03-2012

loads of programs out there on pc like guitar pro6,fruity loops audacity etc.

is there any chance of getting something on ps3 like we did on ps2? -music generator etc.

i think sony could make a serious packet.

anyone else looking for a decent music software program?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 19 (2,530 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Re: music software on ps3

no I have a PC for that.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 19 (2,526 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

yh and some of us dont.

it costs a packet to get decent gear on a pc,like sound cards,decent ram etc.

ps3 supposedly has 'loads of stuff under the hood',

i should imagine a ps3 could cope with this kind of things fairly easily.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 19 (2,521 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

[ Edited ]

pooingtons wrote:

yh and some of us dont.

it costs a packet to get decent gear on a pc,like sound cards,decent ram etc.

ps3 supposedly has 'loads of stuff under the hood',

i should imagine a ps3 could cope with this kind of things fairly easily.

You only get content Were there will be a  BIG enough profit Margin

Companies can take a gamble but in current standings a small market product won't be made.

If your So sure of the product. Take out a loan from the bank and Push the Idea to a Publisher. 

Ignore THQ publishing. they won't be doing any low percentage market products after the last flopped so badly. they were suckered by some one else...  

For Example : THQ Lost Millions Pushing out a Drawing pad that failed because you can do that same on Idevices for <60p with an extra product.

PS3 Developer kits are not Cheap unlike Apple Idevices, Android And PC,

Sony will take a Smaller cut from sales than Apple to make up for the large Fee in the developer SDK.

Large SDK price also stops alot of the "waste of time products" you get on PC, Android and Idevices .

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 15 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 19 (2,499 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Although I would love this to happen we're too far into the PS3 life to expect it to come now. 

But given the Playstation Suite Photo and Video editing stuff thats being rolled out I do think theres a chance for a music creation program for the PS4 whenever it comes out. It would be an Ideal platform to roll out a version of "Sony Acid" to add to the Suite, and although its a niche market it could become profitable by the selling of micro-transactions such as samples, VST plug-ins and VST Instruments through the store, along with hardware add-ons to allow for external control and inputing. 

One of the problems you have with the PS3 is the low amount of RAM, all the PC Music software I've used over the years makes heavy use of this (my PC sounds like its about to explode using Acid and thats with 2GB RAM) 

It is of course possible as demonstrated by the PS1 "Music" and "Music 2000" titles, but the cababilities would be severely constrained, Ok for fun but of no serious use, and the already niche market would be hugely reduced. (this is one of the reasons why I think the drawing tablet failed, too much of a toy and not good enough to be taken seriously)

I would be happy if I could get either "Music" or "Music 2000" to work on my PS3 though, I used to spend hours messing around with them back in the day. It was one of the big disapointments that I couldn't get them to work properly on my PS3 despite the backwards compatability, all the samples are knacked :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 19 (2,491 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

As much as I'd love to see some music production software on the PS3, I know it'll never happen. The annoying thing is, mouse and keyboard support is already there, as well as the fact that the PS3 is a very good media player and could be capable of running something like FL Studio...

I used to have a laptop that could run FL Studio no bother, but then it crapped out. I opted for a Netbook instead of another laptop and seriously, it's just not even worth attempting it on this slow piece of junk! It takes a good minute or so to even respond and open a project, nevermind doing any editing or sequencing.

I remember spending countless hours on MTV Music Generator 2 for PS2. I think that was awesome, even though it was severely limited in what you could do. I just had so much fun with it! Wish there was something like it on PS3. :smileysad:

For now, we'll have to make do with titles like PixelJunk 4AM, which has certainly grabbed my interest because of it's music-making abilities...
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 19 (2,478 Views)
0 Kudos

YES YES YES  This would be amazing....... cant believe they havnt done this yet as the ps3 would be able 2 do sooooooo much........ DO IT DO IT DO IT

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 19 (1,805 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Calm down and put your twanger away young man.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 19 (1,798 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

you can make your own music in lbp2....
----
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 19 (1,792 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

And Guitar Hero.......
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 19 (1,785 Views)
0 Kudos