09 Nov 2011
By: k3urf66

6 Posts

problem connecting MW3 PLEASE HELP

12 Replies 4,781 Views Created 09-11-2011

Hi there, Just bought mw3 it will not connect to online services:  keeps coming up with error the call of duty modern warfare 3 server is not available at this time please try later...   Our laptops are working fine and our son is connected to his x box and playing multiplayer on mw3 in other room. checked our network settings and everything working but it will NOT connect to server to play Multiplayer on mw3. Please can anyone help. driving me mad thankyou

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13 (4,781 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: problem connecting MW3 PLEASE HELP

Perhaps the MW3 server has gone down,it happens:manindifferent:

Lives of great men all remind us we may make our lives sublime and so departing leave behind us footprints in the sands of time.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13 (4,776 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Hey, have you tried following the suggestions listed on the official support page?

- Check server status.
- Restart your console.
- Disable firewall/router security.
- Enable port forwarding.

(I'm a little surprised they don't offer any kind of warning when suggesting disabling all router security, but I guess if you're just testing it's ok)

If none of those work, there are console specific options and contact details in the link below.

http://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=77715
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13 (4,775 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Could be the servers being crushed by so many people trying to get a game online.

Haven't tried multiplayer yet still playing through campaign.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13 (4,764 Views)
0 Kudos

thankyou for your reply been on the server and its saying its all working. can you tell me how to change the firewall on ps3 and also check change the port settings. new to all this thankyou for your help

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13 (4,760 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Its your routers firewall m8 not the PS3,s it aint got one.

Lives of great men all remind us we may make our lives sublime and so departing leave behind us footprints in the sands of time.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13 (4,754 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

You'd need to change the firewall settings/port settings through your router menu, which you can access through a browser.

If you don't know how to access your router menu, take your Default Gateway (find it under "details" in windows network settings/type ipconfig into the command prompt on your PC and it'll list it) and put it into the URL bar in your browser.

Port forwarding differs on most routers, but the site below has guides for pretty much all of them - the ports you'll need to forward are listed on the link I posted previously and on the portforward site too.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13 (4,751 Views)
0 Kudos

thankyou just been in my settings and on outbound inbound firewall rules from router settings. my config says 192.168.01 so do i add this too the out and in bound and also it says on above boxes always allow always block  thankyou for your help everyone from t

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13 (4,742 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Hold up a sec, is it a Netgear router?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13 (4,730 Views)
0 Kudos

yes mate. it is a netgear router. like i said my sons x box working fine and our laptops but i am playing ps3 on basic now but it wont let me play on multiplayer pn mw3. just tried old black ops and i can play against the public. when i have put mw3 back in the same error comes up! strange  thankyou

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13 (4,725 Views)
0 Kudos