07 Jul 2010

Playstation Staff

ps3 and 3d tv problem

5 Replies 1,321 Views Created 07-07-2010

Having bought new samsung 3d tv played ps3 on it for ages no problem then last night played it tv crashed saying lost hdmi connections on all 4 connectors.do i need an upgrade for ps3 to work on new tv.please help.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (1,321 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: ps3 and 3d tv problem

tv crashed? did you try and call samsung?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (1,311 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Sounds like a problem with your TV
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (1,251 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

sorry to hear about your problem...just curious though...how did you find 3d on it....when it was working i mean? did you get plasma, lcd, or led....i recently saw an instore demo (currys) for a samsung 46" LED tv, ans while for the most part, it did look pretty good......there were some parts where there was pretty clear ghosting problems.....kinda puts me off spending over a grand on a tv lol. maybe it was just the monsters vs aliens content that they were showing though? how is it for games?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (1,221 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

The ghosting is just a limitation of LCD technology and the response times of the screens.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (1,204 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

OP have you tried doing a firmware upgrade? That problem sounds very similar to what happened to my dad.

Do you happen to have one of the newer Onkyo receivers? If so there is a known problem with the Onkyo and the Samsung during the handshake. My dad has both and it was driving him nuts, fortunately Samsung released new firmware about a week ago and has fixed the problem for most.

I hope thats able to help you out:smileyhappy: If not have a chat with Samsung and they should be able to hopefully guide you

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (1,191 Views)
0 Kudos