10 Dec 2009
By: joepot Member 166 Posts
Level 1

ps3 did not shut down correctly

21 Replies 3,574 Views Created 10-12-2009

when i turned my ps3 off last night i beeped twice, when i turned it back on today a message came up saying ps3 did not shut down correctly send error report to Sony which i did, should i be worried is this the end of another 60 gig launch model ( i hope not)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22 (3,574 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: ps3 did not shut down correctly

i hope not mate cos my 80gb ps3 has been doing this lately aswell usually when my web browser crashes, the screen freezes and the only i can do is turn off my ps3 from my controller or on the front of the console.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22 (3,545 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Ive had this sent the error message to sony and now when i go to play a game the screen just goes black
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22 (3,549 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

i been playing mw2 now and had no probs so far hopefully it was just one of them things (fingers crossed)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22 (3,525 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Had it happen to me with my slim PS3. But only happened when my PS3 browser crashed.

PS4 best console ever! Deep Down Exclusive, Drive Club Exclusive, Planetside 2 PS4/PC Exclusive YEAR OF THE PS4!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22 (3,501 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

had the same message after mw2 froze again but its been fine since

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22 (3,482 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

[ Edited ]

I got my first message yesterday morning but it turned off fine the night before :Confused:

Even more confusing is the few times it has crashed i never even got the message on rebooting :Confused:

Beta testing forums since 10/12 :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22 (3,449 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

its never happened to me when its crashed either. But it beeped twice when i turned it off again last i haven't turned it back on yet i'll do it when i get home from work
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22 (3,416 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

p4zinho331 wrote:

i hope not mate cos my 80gb ps3 has been doing this lately aswell usually when my web browser crashes, the screen freezes and the only i can do is turn off my ps3 from my controller or on the front of the console.

Mine does the same sometimes, usually after watching a flash video.

DJSlime
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22 (3,412 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

it's done it again beeped twice when i shut it down but i have noticed it only happens when i have been playing mw2 i normally hate it when people say stuff like mw2 broke my ps3 but maybe there is some truth behind it, i played r and c a crack in time for about 2 hours then turned my ps3 off and it was fine so i put mw2 on and played it for an hour turned it off and it beeped twice i'm well gutted  now cause i want to do  the special opps but i'm to scared to put mw2 back in my ps3 in case i get ylod

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22 (3,367 Views)
0 Kudos