26 Oct 2009
By: superyanners Member 132 Posts
Level 3

quit game shuts down ps3

6 Replies 630 Views Created 26-10-2009

Hi all, in the last few days whenever I go to quit game it stalls then reboots the ps3 as if poering on and have to power on my controller.. This has happened on borderlands, supercar challeng singstar and the MAG beta....

The only thing that has changed on my ps3 slim in last week is that borderlands made me install firmware 3.01 as I only had 3.0 and from having seen issues  with 3.01 did not want to install originally.

Anybody else have this issue?? my ps3 is running fine otherwise... should I be worried?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (630 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: quit game shuts down ps3

i had the same issue with mag beta. but nothing else.  might just be a bit of a signal mix up :smileyfrustrated:  mine shuts down and i go "please no YLOD" and then i pray a bit and it comes back to life fine. i dont think or hope its anything to worry about. 
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (622 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Cheers I hope its not something to worry about, when first happened thought it was just a hiccup but with it happening on ever game thats what had me a bit worried
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (587 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

[ Edited ]

Might be a corrupt file. The ps3 recovery menu may sort it.

edit: back up your saves, it wont tell you which file it is and delete it. BTW make sure you READ up on it FIRST before using it. 

Message Edited by racingsnail on 26-10-2009 08:09 PM
gt5
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (555 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

This happens to me as well, but only after playing LBP. I dont really know why it happens :smileyfrustrated:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (549 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

This has been happening to me for about 8 months, it's random and can happen in any game.  When i press the PS button and quit game, the game is closed but then i hear the beep you get when the ps3 is turned on/off, the ps3 boots up again with the opening screen, but surprisingly it logs me in and i dont have to select my user (as i would if i was turning it on normally)

Edit: the thing i forgot to mention is that rarely happens i.e  once every 10 days

Message Edited by trubadman on 26-10-2009 08:11 PM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (537 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

This happened to me tonight on LBP never had it before, Does anyone also notice on LBP that sometimes you get very faint lines running up the screen?

PSN-TerryTibzzz
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (519 Views)
0 Kudos