Playstation Staff

Re: sold my ps3 and the guy said its not working - did a system restore before selling

i didnt write down the god dam serial number :smileysad: im screwed this is total bs and unfair

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 25 (509 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: sold my ps3 and the guy said its not working - did a system restore before selling

also his feedback is good no negative what so ever....

when doing a system restore does it remove the software to play games etc as i tested it and seemed fine but dont see what else could have gone wrong here

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 25 (509 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

maybe damaged via courier? Best you can do is tell him to send it back. Test it check all around the PS3 for any missing screws. If it don't work and looks fine I guess you got to give him his money back.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 25 (491 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I hope you dealt via PayPal. Explain to him that he would be at no loss and offer to cover shipping for him if the console is faulty. If he refuses its a scam and report it to PayPal/ebay first.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 25 (474 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

The system restore utility doesn't remove the ability to play media - quite simply, it just restores the system to it's original state by wiping all of the content from the PS3, so that it's in the state it was when you first used it.

Also, when returning items on eBay, it's the buyers responsibility to cover the cost of returning the PS3 back to you, not yours (op).
By doing so, he'll incur a cost of around £10-15.
Don't offer to pay this as the shipping costs are his responsibility.

Furthermore, remember that he doesn't know that you don't have the serial number, so in your resolution centre message, tell him that you have the serial number of the PS3 recorded and if the serial number on the PS3 he returns to you doesn't match it, then you'll keep both the money and the PS3. That'll probably scare him off if he's trying to pull a fast one.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 25 (458 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Sellers don't get much protection on ebay, you can get scammed so easily, eg my mate who sold an iphone and the buyer said he didn't receive it

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 25 (454 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

thats where insured post comes into it :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 25 (446 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

It's a common scam.

People get you to send ps3's and they will send you a faulty one back or take parts out of it and send you it back with the hairdryer seal removal it's pretty hard to detect.

What you need to do is say that send it you back and say you have the serial number and everything and if all is correct you'll give him a refund.

The thing is.. even if he makes a claim on paypal, your argument could be that it worked fine when sent, paypal might and probably will believe you.

symonator.net

My Youtube:: 1080p Gaming
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 25 (441 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

thank you so much guys really, the support here is amazing. im really gutted this happened and if it is a scam ive clearly taken him at face value because he rang me up and everything on friday and asked to collect it over the weekend but i wasnt available so sent it dhl on monday which he received today. maybe i should of just let him collect it.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 25 (412 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

If you registered your ps3 on the offical sony website if you input your serial it will still be there.

That being if you haven't removed it.

http://uk.playstation.com/

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 25 (397 Views)
0 Kudos