Re: surround sound bargains help

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16 (149 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

You have to buy a Sony surround sound system, check the new TOS you have signed, Sony can ban you from PSN if you are using non Sony hardware.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16 (145 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

lol

GT5 Car List

There is a GT5 scammer on these forums.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16 (142 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

RogerJones947 wrote:

The truth is your not going to get a decent surround system for £100, but if you want some xtra sound in your room you could try the logic 3 soundstation 3 speaker system that amazon have on offer for £57.79.

It won't give you the surround sound your after, but you will get a fair bit more volume and theyr'e only £58.

Not ideal, but they should do you while your in a flat

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003DNSBJI/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_...

It gets on my nerves when people 'think' you have to spend a lot on a sound system for it to sound good. We don't live in the theatre.. anything like this in the average home will be adequate enough, we have family's, kids, or parents etc. We're not trying to upset the neighbours, get thrown out or blow the house roof off.

I have a AV amp and Sony speakers/floorstanders for my usual setup, but I haven't the room now I'm back at my parents so I'm looking at something similar that is more compact and ''spare room friendly'' to keep the parents happy :smileywink: I bet it sounds just as good if not better then my AV setup as It is quite old now. As someone who has been into home cinema and gaming setups quite seriously for over 10 years I bet I'm happy with this new rig for the time being. Heck anything is better then standard HDTV speakers :smileyhappy:

I remember my friend buying a logic 3 I think it was 5.1 setup for £99 which I though was going to be pants, but it sounded pretty good for bloody £100

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16 (130 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Spot on ytevo!

Whilst I'm sure berties et al.'s speaker systems are far superior to mine, the Samsung 5.1 system I picked up for about £150 18 months ago is much better than the speakers within my TV. It's not often I actually get to use it so that's it's loud enough for the neighbours to hear, but when I've used it for parties it's packed quite a bit of a punch.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16 (110 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Thanks for all the suggestions folks. It's all decided now as I took the bt100 system - turns out it's fully working so I've got a £600 for £150 courtesy of a relative working in panasonic. I'm curious as to why wireless speakers are a no no though, as I think the system pretty much forces you to use the wireless amp expansion or just buy a £200 amp and do optical out (thereby defeating the object of keeping it simple and low cost). I do have a curious problem I posted on AV forums about where I've got speaker whine unless my iPhone is in the iPod dock - weird :-s
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16 (95 Views)
0 Kudos