Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: xbox 360 vs PS3 (for gamers who own both consoles and non fanboys)

James91 wrote:

Scythegpd wrote:

Otherwise you get idiots trying to claim games like Alan Wake, DoA4 and Gears3 are the best looking console games (even though Gears3 isn't even available).
If you're referring to EmpyPhil's comment then he didn't say Gears 3, he said Wake, DOA and Gears are 3 of the best, I mis-read it wrong first time too.

Alan Wake is a very good looking game though.

Although what was the purpose of posting that? There are PS3 games that look better that those (well apart from Gears3 because I've not played the final release yet so can't judge). Yet for some reason he simply HAD to enter this thread and post about 3 360 exclusives, for no actual purpose. So why bother? Have a look at his post history and you'll realise exactly why.

Although this will be my last post on the matter, any more is giving him exactly what he wants, which is attention. The posts are just as sad when he used to post as Empy (and got banned), looks like similar to TehPotentialz they just can't keep themselves away from the PS3 forum, clearly very insecure.

And yes, Alan Wake is a very good looking game (and by far one of my favourite games this gen). Pity about the horrendous screen-tearing though.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 101 of 119 (648 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I enjoy both .......

Both have great games - Including exellent downloadable titles.(the best thing about this gen IMO).

When i'm playing games,i honestly dont think about the machine they are played on.I dont prefer any machine over an other - Its the software that makes a machine.

A great game,is a great game - Regardless of the hardware they run on.

sig
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 102 of 119 (629 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Scythegpd wrote:

James91 wrote:

Scythegpd wrote:

Otherwise you get idiots trying to claim games like Alan Wake, DoA4 and Gears3 are the best looking console games (even though Gears3 isn't even available).
If you're referring to EmpyPhil's comment then he didn't say Gears 3, he said Wake, DOA and Gears are 3 of the best, I mis-read it wrong first time too.

Although what was the purpose of posting that? There are PS3 games that look better that those (well apart from Gears3 because I've not played the final release yet so can't judge). Yet for some reason he simply HAD to enter this thread and post about 3 360 exclusives, for no actual purpose. So why bother? Have a look at his post history and you'll realise exactly why.

Although this will be my last post on the matter, any more is giving him exactly what he wants, which is attention. The posts are just as sad when he used to post as Empy (and got banned), looks like similar to TehPotentialz they just can't keep themselves away from the PS3 forum, clearly very insecure.

And yes, Alan Wake is a very good looking game (and by far one of my favourite games this gen). Pity about the horrendous screen-tearing though.

Not had that:xConfused:

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 103 of 119 (613 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I have all 3 consoles and a gaming pc. 

The xbox is my favorite console because I think xbox live is much better than the psn. Im also a massive halo fan. The other 2 consoles are also great but xbox has more games I like. Obviously the pc is the best by miles though so I try to buy multiplatform games for that. 

Yea I had no screen tearing on Alan Wake. Maybe because I installed it to my hard disk. Shame ps3 cant let me install the whole game to hard disk because some of the games take a while to load. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 104 of 119 (583 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

ArsenalMark wrote:

berties123 wrote:

PS3 Cell + Xbox GPU would be the superior console, if it existed.

Well done Captain Obvious. That's like saying 1+1 > 1

No the graphics card is only used better,the Cell can run graphics on its own,look at cell design for were graphics cards will end up

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 105 of 119 (536 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

stalker1982 wrote:
is it al;l about graphics though no

No S*it sherlock,Minecraft FTW

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 106 of 119 (536 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

tooms109 wrote:

I enjoy both .......

Both have great games - Including exellent downloadable titles.(the best thing about this gen IMO).

When i'm playing games,i honestly dont think about the machine they are played on.I dont prefer any machine over an other - Its the software that makes a machine.

A great game,is a great game - Regardless of the hardware they run on.

What he said.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 107 of 119 (523 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

Scythegpd wrote:

James91 wrote:

Scythegpd wrote:

Not had that:xConfused:

I had it quite regularly. Funny thing is usually it was at the times when the least amount was happening. The part that always stands out to me was in episode 3, on the way driving to (and after getting to) the coal mine museum, it was terrible, especially when I hit the museum and was alking around. And I was playing on a brand new 360 with the game installed an on a good quality HD telly via HDMI so it certainly wasn't any of those factors.

And the screen-tearing didn't change irrelevant of what version I was playing (I bought the standard edition and loved the game so much I went out and bought the limited "book" edition).

The screen tearing was less pronounced in the signal and the writer but it was still ther eoccasionally.

Still, doesn't stop it being one of my favourite games this gen

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 108 of 119 (484 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I've got both and IMO the community is better on PS3 but the majority of games play better on 360. I'm not saying 360 has the best hardware etc. Most games are multi-platform and are developed on 360 then ported to PS3, so the majority are better on 360 because they've been developed there. The exclusives on PS3 are better IMO and if the majority of multi-platform games were developed on PS3 then they would be better.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 109 of 119 (461 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I always thought the community on xbox live was way better. Its prob because hardly anyone on ps3 has a headset so online games are a bit dull without all the chatting. It was best on the original xbox on games like Halo 2. This gen lots of people dont use their headsets or use private chat.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 110 of 119 (445 Views)
0 Kudos