12 Mar 2012

Playstation Staff

8001000A Error Solved, possible NTP bug in 4.11

20 Replies 26,493 Views Created 12-03-2012

Hi,

Okay I finally managed to solve this after spoiling my weekend and wasting money

to a new router :Evil:

Issue is solved by turning off "Automatic network time" from PS3 settings menu. Turning

option back on fails login to PSN again with error 8001000A.

So seems like NTP issue in 4.11 firmware or NTP parameters provided by EU PSN.

Original message:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/8001000A-Error/td-p/15389049

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21 (26,493 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: 8001000A Error Solved, possible NTP bug in 4.11

still shows the saME error :/

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21 (26,372 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

hello i am having same problem as u code 8001000A ,I tell u what i have try my hardest to reset router,pse restore ,connection etc etc but i did finally got internet back by reseting the router but i am not sure if that the case so is was working for five days and now connection server error code 8001000A .

basically i am getting fed up with PS3 and might get rid of it .

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21 (26,356 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Dude ive looked every where through ps3 settings, and cant find "Automatic network time"  thing, where is it?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21 (26,294 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Sv: 8001000A Error Solved, possible NTP bug in 4.11

VERY CLEVER answer!!

I give you my recommandation to become supervisor at Sony Playstation Tech Support.

If you had been there allready, I have saved 3 nights of frustration - Even my wife thanks you!

Solution (to a software problem created of a new firmware bug, released due to bad testing at Playstation Network):

English: Turn off "Automatic network time" from PS3 date and time settings menu.

Danish: Sluk "indtil automatisk" under dato og tidsindstillinger"

Best regards

Ole

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21 (26,258 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I changed the " set automatically" option to off under the date and time settings, and this has not worked for me.

My ps3 occasionally signs into psn when i first turn it on,  but only last for about 2 mins at best. then it loses all connection. it also cannot connect to my router or even find the routers close to me. i have tried pluggin in a ethernet cable but it can not recognise it being there. 

when it occasionally signs in when i first turn it on i can check ther connections list and it says i have 100% signal and it can also find the hubs around my house, but this only last for max 2 mins.

PLEASE help! its been like this for a week now

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21 (26,232 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I am sorry that it do not work for you...

It is very frustrating that the troubleshooting functionality is so weak in PS3 - You must rely on the self paid tech support via telephone.... 

To your problem about ethernet cable... Be aware, that you have to change the internet connection settings.

You have to set PS3 to use cable. Then it would work

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21 (26,218 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hi and thank you..The thing with "turning of time update by PSN" and by that solve the problem with 8001 000A is working ONLY if you connect by cable.. If the problem is with your wireless connection I think that is another problem. I have one wireless and one by cable and it was onmly the cable one that had this problems. Turning of the auto time solved the problem with the ps3 connected by cable.. I should say that the one with problem is a slim ands the one without problems is the old 80gb version...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21 (26,215 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have the exact same problem on my 60GB ps3. 100% signal on wireless, and cable isn`t detected. I tried disabling the "auto time" option, restoring the ps3 system. I´ve tried 3 different routers and countless settings. I sometimes manage to go online for about 2 minutes as you say and then i lose the connection again and have to reboot to try again. It must be a problem with the 4.11 update, because this has never happened before in the 5-6 years i´ve had the machine. 

The most annoying thing is that i just want to play Gran Turismo 5 offline, but it refuses to start because it demands to be updated. When i try to update, the download freezes at about 14% and the connection is lost.. Had it been possible to recieve the update otherwise and update it manually, that could`ve been a fix for this error, but the machine is rendered pretty useless without an internet connection...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21 (25,738 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Svar: 8001000A Error Solved, possible NTP bug in 4.11

omg i love u man :smileyvery-happy: IT WORKS i have tryed everything exept this but when i dit it worked THANKS!!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21 (25,149 Views)
0 Kudos