Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 12

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

11 Mar 2013
By Stunami1

Stunami1

  • Offline
23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Black Ops 2 Revolution Map pack

29 Replies 5,591 Views Created 11-03-2013

I have bought from playstation store the revolution map pack and downloaded and installed as per system requirements but when I go into the game and click on revolution it refers me back to the store for download again. Heve tried this about 10 times without any luck so far but my account has been deducted the correct amount. I need some help here as Activision Support is useless or please refund my account so I can purchase something else, I'm very disappointed to how many processes we have to go through to achieve nothing.

Reply
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
04
/16

RabidWalker

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RabidWalker
Accepted Solution

Stunami1 wrote:

I have bought from playstation store the revolution map pack and downloaded and installed as per system requirements but when I go into the game and click on revolution it refers me back to the store for download again. Heve tried this about 10 times without any luck so far but my account has been deducted the correct amount. I need some help here as Activision Support is useless or please refund my account so I can purchase something else, I'm very disappointed to how many processes we have to go through to achieve nothing.


Hi Stunami1,

 

Have you made sure you have downloaded the correct version of the Map Pack for the region of your games.

 

When you have bought the DLC, if you go to your downloads there are 4 different versions of it depending on your region.

 

Rabid

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Black Ops 2 Revolution Map pack



02
/16

Mark_S1988

  • Offline
29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mark_S1988
Accepted Solution

i have had the same problem i have installed the eng/fre version and it will not register that i have purchased the pack and keep refering me to the store.

i have also been talk to the activision support and they can not help me says there maybe a problem with the playstation store

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Black Ops 2 Revolution Map pack

Beta Tester
04
/16

RabidWalker

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RabidWalker
Accepted Solution

Mark_S1988 wrote:

i have had the same problem i have installed the eng/fre version and it will not register that i have purchased the pack and keep refering me to the store.

i have also been talk to the activision support and they can not help me says there maybe a problem with the playstation store


Hi Mark,

 

There isn't any issues with the store, and as the issue you are having is just with this DLC content it would appear this is the route of the problem. On the disc what is the BLUS/BLES code you have there? It is also written on the spine of the case as well.

 

Rabid

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Black Ops 2 Revolution Map pack



02
/16

Stunami1

  • Offline
23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Stunami1
Accepted Solution

Thankyou RabidWalker, the number on the spline is BLUS which I think maybe the problem. It was a xmas gift to my son from a relative who bought it online from Amazon. With the download there are quite a few different language packs from various parts of the world so we thought that surely one of them would work. It gives us Russian, Eng/Fre and some others but not from the US which I find quite strange given we got Europe which isn't Pacific Region either. I don't think the region we live in should dictate when buying the downloads online when we have a genuine disc and are not infringing any copyright laws, afterall the Playstation store is quite happy to accept our money/credits purchased in an Australian games store (EB Games) without any warnings about regions and compatability. Consumer law in Australia also states that refunds have to be made if the customer is sold the wrong product or doesn't get what they expected especially if the product does not work.

 

Also there was a free download of Far Cry that also did not work directly from the Playstation Network can you explain why?

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Black Ops 2 Revolution Map pack

Beta Tester
04
/16

RabidWalker

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RabidWalker
Accepted Solution

Stunami1 wrote:

Thankyou RabidWalker, the number on the spline is BLUS which I think maybe the problem. It was a xmas gift to my son from a relative who bought it online from Amazon. With the download there are quite a few different language packs from various parts of the world so we thought that surely one of them would work. It gives us Russian, Eng/Fre and some others but not from the US which I find quite strange given we got Europe which isn't Pacific Region either. I don't think the region we live in should dictate when buying the downloads online when we have a genuine disc and are not infringing any copyright laws, afterall the Playstation store is quite happy to accept our money/credits purchased in an Australian games store (EB Games) without any warnings about regions and compatability. Consumer law in Australia also states that refunds have to be made if the customer is sold the wrong product or doesn't get what they expected especially if the product does not work.

 

Also there was a free download of Far Cry that also did not work directly from the Playstation Network can you explain why?


I certainly think if Amazon sold you a disc which is not supported in your region you should be entitled to swap it over for the correct one with them. I would certainly let them know, do you still have the proof of purchase?

 

In terms of the disc and the the DLC, the reason there are regional restrictions is due to the laws governing the content allowed in each countries. For example some countries are more prohibitive on violent content, and therefore certain aspects of the DLC may be altered. But I understand this can be a confusion and not something widely known in some cases.

 

In terms of the Far Cry PSN code where did you get this from? Was it part of a promotion at all?

 

Rabid

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Black Ops 2 Revolution Map pack



02
/16

Stunami1

  • Offline
23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Stunami1
Accepted Solution

Thankyou Rabidwalker,a relative bought the game as a xmas present for my son online from Amazon so their records should show this. You would think they would send a disc to us that is compliant to Australia's region or maybe they only sell US versions I don't know, otherwise I think they shouldn't be allowed to sell their products here at all, maybe you know if they sell for all regions. Also if your not aware Australia has at last agreed to have a R18+ now where before it was only MA15+ so I don't think content matters anymore here. Will Amazon exchange after so long past xmas? I have had no dealings with them at all. We may just have to wait until BOPS2 hits the bargain bins here and try again.

 

The Far Cry download I mentioned was a free download on the screen at PSN and it registers on our account as being downloaded but I can't find it anywhere to start playing it. After downloading these things what screen or area are they usually found to start?

 

Regards

Stuart

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Black Ops 2 Revolution Map pack

Beta Tester
04
/16

MadforitUK

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
98%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MadforitUK
Accepted Solution
If its DLC it would install itself into the game data utility for far cry 3 and be available within the game to play.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Black Ops 2 Revolution Map pack

02
/16
21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DIE_JUSTIN_BIEBE
Accepted Solution

i have the american version so if anyone has the french version give it to me please

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Black Ops 2 Revolution Map pack

02
/16

DarkLordKajata

  • Offline
34%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DarkLordKajata
Accepted Solution

We are having the same problem. We bought the game and map pack from the playstation store. It will install but does not reconize that we have it installed. How can we fix this?

Reply
0 Kudos

Same Problem but my girl got the digital copy from the store.

02
/16

DarkLordKajata

  • Offline
34%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DarkLordKajata
Accepted Solution
And It all USA but the map pack doesnt have the numbers or what ever... But the digital copy of the game does it is NPUB31054... Dunno what that is or anything. So can I please get some help cause I want to play MOTD
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Same Problem but my girl got the digital copy from the store.

Award Winner
10
/16

moriarty1975

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
moriarty1975
Accepted Solution

DarkLordKajata wrote:
And It all USA but the map pack doesnt have the numbers or what ever... But the digital copy of the game does it is NPUB31054... Dunno what that is or anything. So can I please get some help cause I want to play MOTD

Did you download BO2 on the same account you used to buy the map pack?

 

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Same Problem but my girl got the digital copy from the store.

MVP
10
/16

strangeplaice

  • MVP
  • Offline
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution

DarkLordKajata wrote:
And It all USA but the map pack doesnt have the numbers or what ever... But the digital copy of the game does it is NPUB31054... Dunno what that is or anything. So can I please get some help cause I want to play MOTD

As your issue is with content on the US PlayStation store you'll probably get better support on the United States PlayStation Forums. Their staff and members will probably know more about issues with content on the store, and if there's a problem with DLC their Staff will be able to act on it.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Same Problem but my girl got the digital copy from the store.



02
/16

TheReal_lpzrlz

  • Offline
21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheReal_lpzrlz
Accepted Solution

Hi,

There is a problem with the Revolution DLC i have tried downloading it but it doesnt work. I have dowloaded the 4 season pass and then the 4 revolution map pack (eng,spa,ita,etc)

Can someone help me please i really want and i already paid for it.

 

PLEASE HELP!!!

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Black Ops 2 Revolution Map pack

Award Winner
10
/16

moriarty1975

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
moriarty1975
Accepted Solution

TheReal_lpzrlz wrote:

Hi,

There is a problem with the Revolution DLC i have tried downloading it but it doesnt work. I have dowloaded the 4 season pass and then the 4 revolution map pack (eng,spa,ita,etc)

Can someone help me please i really want and i already paid for it.

 

PLEASE HELP!!!


There's no need to download all the map packs or season passes. Just download the one that matches the region code on the disc.

 

What's the code on the disc? Will be BLES or BLUS then some numbers.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Black Ops 2 Revolution Map pack

02
/16

theothelmSP

  • Offline
30%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
theothelmSP
Accepted Solution
I downloaded the season pass then the revolution map pack and know its in a small bouble and when I install it nothing happens
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Black Ops 2 Revolution Map pack

Award Winner
10
/16

moriarty1975

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
moriarty1975
Accepted Solution

theothelmSP wrote:
I downloaded the season pass then the revolution map pack and know its in a small bouble and when I install it nothing happens

What happens when you go to install? Do you see the install progress bar? Get an error code/message?

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Black Ops 2 Revolution Map pack

02
/16

theothelmSP

  • Offline
30%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
theothelmSP
Accepted Solution
I can see the bar and when it finishs it says please wait and the it goes to the home screen and nothing happend
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Black Ops 2 Revolution Map pack

Award Winner
10
/16

moriarty1975

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
moriarty1975
Accepted Solution

theothelmSP wrote:
I can see the bar and when it finishs it says please wait and the it goes to the home screen and nothing happend

Sounds like it installed correctly. Are the maps showing up ingame?

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Black Ops 2 Revolution Map pack

02
/16

theothelmSP

  • Offline
30%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
theothelmSP
Accepted Solution
No
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Black Ops 2 Revolution Map pack

02
/16

theothelmSP

  • Offline
30%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
theothelmSP
Accepted Solution
And when I install it the bouble disappear
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Black Ops 2 Revolution Map pack

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel