11 Mar 2013

Playstation Staff

Black Ops 2 Revolution Map pack

28 Replies 3,829 Views Created 11-03-2013

I have bought from playstation store the revolution map pack and downloaded and installed as per system requirements but when I go into the game and click on revolution it refers me back to the store for download again. Heve tried this about 10 times without any luck so far but my account has been deducted the correct amount. I need some help here as Activision Support is useless or please refund my account so I can purchase something else, I'm very disappointed to how many processes we have to go through to achieve nothing.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 29 (3,829 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Black Ops 2 Revolution Map pack

Stunami1 wrote:

I have bought from playstation store the revolution map pack and downloaded and installed as per system requirements but when I go into the game and click on revolution it refers me back to the store for download again. Heve tried this about 10 times without any luck so far but my account has been deducted the correct amount. I need some help here as Activision Support is useless or please refund my account so I can purchase something else, I'm very disappointed to how many processes we have to go through to achieve nothing.

Hi Stunami1,

Have you made sure you have downloaded the correct version of the Map Pack for the region of your games.

When you have bought the DLC, if you go to your downloads there are 4 different versions of it depending on your region.

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 29 (3,811 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

i have had the same problem i have installed the eng/fre version and it will not register that i have purchased the pack and keep refering me to the store.

i have also been talk to the activision support and they can not help me says there maybe a problem with the playstation store

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 29 (3,789 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Mark_S1988 wrote:

i have had the same problem i have installed the eng/fre version and it will not register that i have purchased the pack and keep refering me to the store.

i have also been talk to the activision support and they can not help me says there maybe a problem with the playstation store

Hi Mark,

There isn't any issues with the store, and as the issue you are having is just with this DLC content it would appear this is the route of the problem. On the disc what is the BLUS/BLES code you have there? It is also written on the spine of the case as well.

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 29 (3,770 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thankyou RabidWalker, the number on the spline is BLUS which I think maybe the problem. It was a xmas gift to my son from a relative who bought it online from Amazon. With the download there are quite a few different language packs from various parts of the world so we thought that surely one of them would work. It gives us Russian, Eng/Fre and some others but not from the US which I find quite strange given we got Europe which isn't Pacific Region either. I don't think the region we live in should dictate when buying the downloads online when we have a genuine disc and are not infringing any copyright laws, afterall the Playstation store is quite happy to accept our money/credits purchased in an Australian games store (EB Games) without any warnings about regions and compatability. Consumer law in Australia also states that refunds have to be made if the customer is sold the wrong product or doesn't get what they expected especially if the product does not work.

Also there was a free download of Far Cry that also did not work directly from the Playstation Network can you explain why?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 29 (3,754 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Stunami1 wrote:

Thankyou RabidWalker, the number on the spline is BLUS which I think maybe the problem. It was a xmas gift to my son from a relative who bought it online from Amazon. With the download there are quite a few different language packs from various parts of the world so we thought that surely one of them would work. It gives us Russian, Eng/Fre and some others but not from the US which I find quite strange given we got Europe which isn't Pacific Region either. I don't think the region we live in should dictate when buying the downloads online when we have a genuine disc and are not infringing any copyright laws, afterall the Playstation store is quite happy to accept our money/credits purchased in an Australian games store (EB Games) without any warnings about regions and compatability. Consumer law in Australia also states that refunds have to be made if the customer is sold the wrong product or doesn't get what they expected especially if the product does not work.

Also there was a free download of Far Cry that also did not work directly from the Playstation Network can you explain why?

I certainly think if Amazon sold you a disc which is not supported in your region you should be entitled to swap it over for the correct one with them. I would certainly let them know, do you still have the proof of purchase?

In terms of the disc and the the DLC, the reason there are regional restrictions is due to the laws governing the content allowed in each countries. For example some countries are more prohibitive on violent content, and therefore certain aspects of the DLC may be altered. But I understand this can be a confusion and not something widely known in some cases.

In terms of the Far Cry PSN code where did you get this from? Was it part of a promotion at all?

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 29 (3,739 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thankyou Rabidwalker,a relative bought the game as a xmas present for my son online from Amazon so their records should show this. You would think they would send a disc to us that is compliant to Australia's region or maybe they only sell US versions I don't know, otherwise I think they shouldn't be allowed to sell their products here at all, maybe you know if they sell for all regions. Also if your not aware Australia has at last agreed to have a R18+ now where before it was only MA15+ so I don't think content matters anymore here. Will Amazon exchange after so long past xmas? I have had no dealings with them at all. We may just have to wait until BOPS2 hits the bargain bins here and try again.

The Far Cry download I mentioned was a free download on the screen at PSN and it registers on our account as being downloaded but I can't find it anywhere to start playing it. After downloading these things what screen or area are they usually found to start?

Regards

Stuart

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 29 (3,724 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

If its DLC it would install itself into the game data utility for far cry 3 and be available within the game to play.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 29 (3,709 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i have the american version so if anyone has the french version give it to me please

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 29 (3,645 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Same Problem but my girl got the digital copy from the store.

We are having the same problem. We bought the game and map pack from the playstation store. It will install but does not reconize that we have it installed. How can we fix this?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 29 (3,284 Views)
0 Kudos