19 Nov 2012
By: jonhy_c

2 Posts

Black Ops 2 Sound Problem.

81 Replies 21,035 Views Created 19-11-2012

Hi there, 1st time in the PS network forums, so please, don't be hard on me...

Ok, my problem is when i'm playing in Multiplayer or in Zombie mode. I'm loosing my sound, it become inaudible, kinda very very very sacadic (choping noise?). its the same if i,m using my new PS3 7.1 virtual surround sound & Bassimpact Wireless stereo headset Elite Edition OR my Speakers...

That is really bad when, exemple, you are at level 13-14 on zombie mode and it start. You can't ear any zombies nearby or in Multiplayer mode, you can't ear people nearby too...

What can i do?

PS3 (the last system on sale) is updated.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 82 (21,035 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: Black Ops 2 Sound Problem.

Its not just you a lot of people been getting this,  it the game not your console.hopefully a patch will be released to fix it plus the freezing issue when in lobby.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 82 (21,014 Views)
0 Kudos

If as No_Name_No_Brain says this is affecting lots of users then a patch will be issued to fix it.  I will see what I can find out in the mean time.

SFZ

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 82 (20,990 Views)
0 Kudos

I'm having exactly the same problem, at first I thought it might be due to my ps3 as it is the old 60gb version that still has ps2 backwards compatability. But it seems this bug is also on the latest models as well.

I've tried adjusting the audio levels in game and using my headphones but it seems the only way to stop the problem is to quit Blackops 2 and reload it. Please patch soon :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 82 (20,783 Views)
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

i'm having the same problem too - sound just kicks out and goes all choppy and sounds like static on a radio.....this game is BUGGY!'

and i have a newer system - not an old one.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 82 (20,734 Views)
0 Kudos

Yep, I have the same problem too...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 82 (20,531 Views)
0 Kudos

Everybody get on activison support and email them your issue, the only way to get a patch is for a crap load of people to tell them about the problem. tell them exactly when the sound crashed and as many details about what you where doing when it happened. for me it happens most often in the zombies tranzit mode. i dont think i have ever been able to play without it glitching at some point.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 82 (20,392 Views)
0 Kudos

Hey guys it sure is comforting to know I'm not alone. Been playing the campaign mode and two different times it has started making a constant high frequency "chopping" noise. I quit the game once I finish the level and sound is back to normal. I think this has to do with the high pitch of this game knocking the speakers out. Hope they fix this ima tell em bout it!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 82 (20,378 Views)
0 Kudos

I am experiencing this problem too,very very annoying.Especially when you are on like level 20 zombies and you can no longer hear the bus coming and going or zombies coming from behind!!This needs sorting out among other problems!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 82 (20,276 Views)
0 Kudos

For everyone out there thats having problems with the sound on Black Ops 2 using hdmi i have a simple fix for the sound issues if you go to your display settings in your ps3 and use the avi that normally comes with the ps3 and setting that as your video and audio on the ps3 this will fix the issues with the sound did this myself and worked minute i loaded the game sound works HAPPY PLAYING

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 82 (19,873 Views)
0 Kudos