08 Mar 2013
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Broken USB dongle for sony pulse wireless gaming headphones?

[ Edited ]
2 Replies 1,001 Views edited 12-03-2013

hi there i have recentley bought some sony wireless headphones and only had them 3 months the problem i have is i accidentley bent it taking it out i know you cant get a new one off sony as ive read the f&qs on this site what i was wanting to know is does anybody know were  i can get it fixed like someone who deals with electronics and chipboards or somewere i could buy one any help would be great     peter

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3 (1,001 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: usb dongle for sony pulse wireless gaming headphones

[ Edited ]

You will have to try Local computer Shops and ask, If they do actual component level and Circuit board repairs (not just take out faulty Chips and graphics cards ) and if they charge less than £30 per hour.

The bad news is most don't.   

Re-building printed Circuit board is realy annoying with surface mount.. I hated doing it... but it might only be a single break on the USB connector end...

The dongle is proprietary coded the only people who have blanks (uncoded) are the undisclosed factory that made the headset.

(For them to keep pairing codes on file for the life of the headset, the headset would cost the user more than £79.) 

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Pre ordered Kindle Fire TV
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (978 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: usb dongle for sony pulse wireless gaming headphones

thanks for your time
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3 (937 Views)
0 Kudos