02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Accepted Solution

COD 4 Download stops at 1225mb

13 Replies 260 Views Created 10-05-2012

Today I purchased Call of Duty 4 from the playstation store only to find that the download freezes at 1225mb every time, i have restarted it several times and left it for the past 2 hours to no avail...

P.S I used my old account, kurt94init to make the purchase

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions
/16
54%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MeatSafeMurderer
Accepted Solution
Ok, I know i'm bumping my own topic, but after 2 weeks I found a fix, if you're like me and don't have access to the routerr this should work. Let the DLC download in the background until it stops, then go to your network settings and input a proxy IP from one of many proxy lists, I used http://hidemyass/proxylist/ I don't know if it'll make any difference but I used a proxy with the port 3128
When you've done that save the settings and look at your download, it should be working (very slow so give it a minute)
If it's downloading let it go until the download speeds up abit (mine did, if yours doesn't 50mb or so should do it) then deactivate the proxy and let the download finish :)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: COD 4 Download stops at 1225mb

All Replies
MVP
/16

strangeplaice

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
Does the download status change to say "Pending" at that point?
0 Kudos

/16
54%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MeatSafeMurderer
Accepted Solution

no, it stays on downloading but refuses to go any further

0 Kudos

/16

fi8767

96%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fi8767
Accepted Solution
Have you had any problems with downloading other content on PSN?
0 Kudos

/16
54%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MeatSafeMurderer
Accepted Solution

Only ever when doing background downloads so i decided to try it without selecting the option for it, it got to 23%, or the 1225mb mark and then I was served a 'An error has occured message' :(

0 Kudos

/16

fi8767

96%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fi8767
Accepted Solution
Did it have an error code with this error?
0 Kudos

/16
54%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MeatSafeMurderer
Accepted Solution

Yes, unfortunately i didn't make a note of it, i shall retrieve it now

0 Kudos

/16
54%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MeatSafeMurderer
Accepted Solution
The error code was '80710723'
0 Kudos

MVP
/16

strangeplaice

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution
The error indicates a timeout when trying to connect to the server. It may be a problem at your end, though if you've had other downloads without issue it'd seem unlikely.

It might be worth taking a look at this troubleshooting guide: http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=280
0 Kudos

/16
54%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MeatSafeMurderer
Accepted Solution
Well, I think it's safe to say that that is the last time I ever spend money on the PSN, or perhaps on any SONY product, I feel ROBBED!
First they remove linux (rather than fix the hypervisor bug geohot found)
Then the PSN gets hacked and they bring a Welcome back package, a package some people NEVER got due to it not working properly.
Now I pay 20 quid for a game and can't even use it, I have tryed everything, and to top it all off I'm forced to use the PS3 browser to search for a fix, the which barely functions and crashes my PS3 every five minutes.
Sorry for this rant but maybe someone from SCE will actually read it and realise what a crock of s*** they made!
0 Kudos

MVP
/16

strangeplaice

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution

MeatSafeMurderer wrote:
First they remove linux (rather than fix the hypervisor bug geohot found)

The hack can't be fixed. GeoHotz obtained the root keys which means that no matter what they do, whilst linux is enabled, the system could be hacked to death.

MeatSafeMurderer wrote:
Then the PSN gets hacked and they bring a Welcome back package, a package some people NEVER got due to it not working properly.

Everyone who signed in to the PSN during the redemption time recieved the free games and PS+ subscription. A few have encountered a bug where the items aren't showing in the download list. This isn't associated with the package, and is a separate issue with the download list.

MeatSafeMurderer wrote:
Now I pay 20 quid for a game and can't even use it, I have tryed everything, and to top it all off I'm forced to use the PS3 browser to search for a fix, the which barely functions and crashes my PS3 every five minutes.

Try taking the PS3 to a friends house and using their connection. It's probably a problem with your connection, though that'd get you your game. I concede that the PS3 browser is a sack of piddle, however you don't have to use it. There's perfectly usable smartphone, dumbphone, PC and Mac browsers out there too! ;)

0 Kudos

/16
54%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MeatSafeMurderer
Accepted Solution
Unfortunately in my current situation my PS3 is the only thing I have with internet access, oh and the linux removal came before geohot AES keys, they disabled it because he found a way to bypass the hypervisor, allowing linux applications access to the graphics chip, and linux to the ps3 file system, naturally SONY didn't like this, and removed linux, then fail0verfl0w obtained the AES keys using a massive hole in security and geohots cfw was born
0 Kudos

/16
54%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MeatSafeMurderer
Accepted Solution
Sorry for double posting but I just wanted to say thankyou for your advice :)
0 Kudos

/16
54%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MeatSafeMurderer
Accepted Solution
Ok, I know i'm bumping my own topic, but after 2 weeks I found a fix, if you're like me and don't have access to the routerr this should work. Let the DLC download in the background until it stops, then go to your network settings and input a proxy IP from one of many proxy lists, I used http://hidemyass/proxylist/ I don't know if it'll make any difference but I used a proxy with the port 3128
When you've done that save the settings and look at your download, it should be working (very slow so give it a minute)
If it's downloading let it go until the download speeds up abit (mine did, if yours doesn't 50mb or so should do it) then deactivate the proxy and let the download finish :)
0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel