31 Oct 2013

Playstation Staff

Can I have 2 master accounts on my Ps3, if so how do I do it?

3 Replies 288 Views Created 31-10-2013

Hi,

I am wanting to buy Playstation plus, but the problem I am having is I created another account about  8 years ago and didn't realise it was a sub account. I have done a bit of research and far as I know I can't buy ps plus on a sub account. I don't really use my master account except to buy things (my psn name sucks, due to my young brother setting it up for me), but now it has put me in a sticky situation as I need to create a new master account so I can buy ps plus but I don't want to lose all my DLC off my 1st master account. So my question is can I create a new master account and keep my old master account on my Ps3? If not can anyone advise me in how to overcome this problem. Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (288 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: Can I have 2 master accounts on my Ps3, if so how do I do it?

Yes you can have as many master accounts as you want, I have four master's on my system didn't bother with sub-accounts for the household because of their restrictions

SneezeSneeze
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (241 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thank you, that answer has solved a lot of problems. Just sucks I will lose over 800 trophies on my sub account, unless of course I can play the ps plus games on my sub account via my main account (if that makes sense lol)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (236 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

gavofhull wrote:

Thank you, that answer has solved a lot of problems. Just sucks I will lose over 800 trophies on my sub account, unless of course I can play the ps plus games on my sub account via my main account (if that makes sense lol)

All accounts on a system can access purchases and PS+ content, only the PS+ account holder can access the additional PS+ benefits like cloud save storage etc.

SneezeSneeze
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (207 Views)
0 Kudos