PS3 Support

PS3 Support

04 Jan 2012
By: rogerroga

2 Posts

Can't delete corrupted Data

22 Replies 25983 Views Created 04-01-2012

Hello guys,I'm having some trouble with my PS3
I've been trying to delete some corrupted data that is occupying a great space in my HD (approximately 10GB) but whenever I try I can't.Could someone please help me?Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 23 (25,983 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Re: Can't delete corrupted Data

i had this more than a few times the only way i was able to get ride of the currropted files on my system was to format the hard drive or completely wiped it clean.....

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 23 (25,980 Views)
0 Kudos

Oh...I guess I'll just have to get used to having less 10GB on my HD then.Thanks anyway :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 23 (25,953 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Have you tried the file system restore via the recovery menu? Try that and then try deleting the corrupt data, I'm sure I did something along those lines to clear it.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 23 (25,931 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

If it's game data redownload the file from the store, it'll replace the corrupt file and then you can delete it, assuming you have fast/unlimited BB.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 23 (25,929 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

I had some corrupted data on my hard drive, I selected to delete it & just left it for about 45 minutes checking every 15 minutes to see if it had deleted it. After 45 mins it said it deleted it, I believe my corrupted data was from Resistance 3, I found the solution via google, hope this helps.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 23 (25,901 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Adycakes wrote:
I had some corrupted data on my hard drive, I selected to delete it & just left it for about 45 minutes checking every 15 minutes to see if it had deleted it. After 45 mins it said it deleted it, I believe my corrupted data was from Resistance 3, I found the solution via google, hope this helps.

I did the same, it took forever but it deleted it :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 23 (25,893 Views)
0 Kudos

do not have patience to wait that long haha but this helps thanks guys

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 23 (25,841 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

same problem with r3 data lol. was a bloody good game and this is my reward for plat'ing it :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 23 (24,879 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Mode47 wrote:

same problem with r3 data lol. was a bloody good game and this is my reward for plat'ing it :smileytongue:

Try not cancelling the delete operation for Resistance 3. Doing so will cause corrupted data Resistance 3 game data can and does take over 1 HOUR to delete.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 23 (24,863 Views)
0 Kudos