02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Can't delete corrupted Data

30 Replies 51,928 Views Created 04-01-2012

Hello guys,I'm having some trouble with my PS3
I've been trying to delete some corrupted data that is occupying a great space in my HD (approximately 10GB) but whenever I try I can't.Could someone please help me?Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

J-Matt-

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
J-Matt-
Accepted Solution

i had this more than a few times the only way i was able to get ride of the currropted files on my system was to format the hard drive or completely wiped it clean.....

0 Kudos

Re: Can't delete corrupted Data

/16

rogerroga

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rogerroga
Accepted Solution

Oh...I guess I'll just have to get used to having less 10GB on my HD then.Thanks anyway :D

0 Kudos

/16

Legion_Steve

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Legion_Steve
Accepted Solution
Have you tried the file system restore via the recovery menu? Try that and then try deleting the corrupt data, I'm sure I did something along those lines to clear it.
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

fski

• Award Winner
97%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fski
Accepted Solution

If it's game data redownload the file from the store, it'll replace the corrupt file and then you can delete it, assuming you have fast/unlimited BB.

0 Kudos

/16

Adycakes

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Adycakes
Accepted Solution
I had some corrupted data on my hard drive, I selected to delete it & just left it for about 45 minutes checking every 15 minutes to see if it had deleted it. After 45 mins it said it deleted it, I believe my corrupted data was from Resistance 3, I found the solution via google, hope this helps.

/16

Ew_Tux

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ew_Tux
Accepted Solution

Adycakes wrote:
I had some corrupted data on my hard drive, I selected to delete it & just left it for about 45 minutes checking every 15 minutes to see if it had deleted it. After 45 mins it said it deleted it, I believe my corrupted data was from Resistance 3, I found the solution via google, hope this helps.

I did the same, it took forever but it deleted it :)

0 Kudos

/16

CPL_C

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CPL_C
Accepted Solution

do not have patience to wait that long haha but this helps thanks guys

0 Kudos

/16

Mode47

38%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mode47
Accepted Solution

same problem with r3 data lol. was a bloody good game and this is my reward for plat'ing it :P

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mont348
Accepted Solution

Mode47 wrote:

same problem with r3 data lol. was a bloody good game and this is my reward for plat'ing it :P

Try not cancelling the delete operation for Resistance 3. Doing so will cause corrupted data Resistance 3 game data can and does take over 1 HOUR to delete.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Nakatsu_Hime

• Beta Tester
93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Nakatsu_Hime
Accepted Solution
Bear in mind that you'll need to be more patient with PS3 data deletions than a similar sized file on a PC system.

When you delete a large file from a PC / MAC / Amiga, all the OS does is command the DOS to ignore the datafile, and set the space used by it to 'available'. It does not actually delete any file data. This is why undeleting data on PCs is so easy.

On PS3 systems it works differently. When you ask the system to delete a file, the PS3's DOS will actually go away and delete all the file data, hence the longer wait for larger files.

0 Kudos

/16

BlueSkiesXXV

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlueSkiesXXV
Accepted Solution
I also had the same problem with the R3 data. I thought that it had frozen & forced a reboot. The data then became corrupted. I tried to delete it again and left if for another 20 minutes before forcing another reboot. I did check the filesize of the corrupted data each time and it was slowly getting smaller. The third time I just left it for ages & it did eventually complete the delete process. Anyone know what the deal is with the R3 data???
0 Kudos

/16

Zomb3hKill3r

40%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Zomb3hKill3r
Accepted Solution

same thing happened to me but after i tried for the 4th time it took 2 minutes to delete

0 Kudos

/16

sandystrachan

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sandystrachan
Accepted Solution
R3 for me too .
left ps3 deleting for 8 hours , still wouldn't delete file reinstalled data only to find it didnt occupy the corrupted data . Then left me with TWO corrupted files , 3 days after launch I platinumed the game yet i still cant wipe data .( Even the system recovery menu )
0 Kudos

/16

licquid_1

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
licquid_1
Accepted Solution

Well this is very depressing! I have the same problem with R3 (son of a bit**) data as we speak! 

On my 2 attempt to delete! -  no time keeping

Gonna try system recovery menu

0 Kudos

/16

Zadaris2021

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Zadaris2021
Accepted Solution

That is very interesting because I got a corrputed data file on my harddrive as well from the exact same game, Resistance 3. I was trying to delete it firstly, but it was taking an obsence amount of time so I (stupidly) shut my system off and boom.

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mont348
Accepted Solution

Zadaris2021 wrote:

That is very interesting because I got a corrputed data file on my harddrive as well from the exact same game, Resistance 3. I was trying to delete it firstly, but it was taking an obsence amount of time so I (stupidly) shut my system off and boom.

R3 game data can take between 45-60 minutes to delete sometimes longer. No game patching can change this it's how the disk version was coded. Best piece of advice is wait for it to delete forcing a shutdown will cause corrupted game data. If your stuck with corrupted data it may worth running safe mode option 3 and/or option 4 to rectify the problem.

Safe mode operation.

0 Kudos

/16

s_w_e_e_t_p_e_a

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
s_w_e_e_t_p_e_a
Accepted Solution

R3, you are killin' me! I work in the game industry and I already wrote an article about how Resistance 3 is my nomination for the buggiest game in consoleland: http://gamewriter.videogamewriter.com/game-writer/buggiest-game/ But clearly I hadn't expected the game to kick me in the butt on the way out.

This is a good game series, but Resistance 3 clearly did not get the kind of QA testing it should have. Shameful!

Waiting for it to delete my game data now... second try. I also thought it was crashed the first time I tried to delete it.

0 Kudos

Freakin' Resistance 3!

/16

WWEl3gend583

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WWEl3gend583
Accepted Solution

I just came to this page for the exact same problem, and oddly enough the file was also Resistance 3. ***** is wrong with that game .

0 Kudos

/16
66%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
HugoStiglitz_420
Accepted Solution
Haha that's the same game file I'm having trouble with. damn Insomniac, they screwed up
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

HugoStiglitz_420 wrote:
Haha that's the same game file I'm having trouble with. damn Insomniac, they screwed up

From reading the thread most users have deleted the dodgy game data after multiple attempts. So keep trying.

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel