Have had my fair share of ps3's/ using others and have reached the maximum activation number (5). I now want to use 2 (1 at home and 1 at uni) but only have one activation slot. Is there anyway i can get rid of the activations on the consoles i no longer have?
Solved! Go to solution
1. Login at www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com
2. Once logged in there is a tab at the top(-ish) of the page that's called "Account" click that.
3. On this page there is a menu on the left with an option called "Media and Devices" click that.
4. Click on the "Game" square box, top right.
5. Now click "Deactivate All".
Now log on and sign in to the two PS3 you want to use and Re-activate them by going to "Account Management" on the XMB (PS3 menu) >> Then "System Activation" >> "PS3 System" >> "Game" >> "Activate System".
NOTE: The 'Deactivate All' option can only be used once very 6 months.
Yep as mentioned it is possible to deactivate your consoles for Games through the SEN website. The option at this point will deactivate all consoles under the user you have, it is then a case of reactivating the desired consoles (you can currently do this for 2 PS3s).
Video content is different and you would need to call if you are unable to deactivate this from the console.
Hmm?!? RabidWalker what did you edit on my post?