Support

PS3 Support

PS3 Support

25 Nov 2012
By: RoWdY_3571

1 Posts

Corrupted File System

2 Replies 140 Views Created 25-11-2012

Hey Everyone i need some advice on how to fix my ps3. The problem seems to be that everytime i get on mw3 or black ops itll logg in and joins games but the games seem to freeze at minute 5 - 6 and say disc read error i cleaned the discs and none seem to be scratched or damaged. So i tried  doin restore file system and it worked at first and now im having the same problem again i tried the same option still wont work i also tried Option 4 and 5 and all dont seem to work i dont know what else to do 

What do yuh guys recomend me? :Confused:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (140 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Corrupted File System

RoWdY_3571 wrote:

Hey Everyone i need some advice on how to fix my ps3. The problem seems to be that everytime i get on mw3 or black ops itll logg in and joins games but the games seem to freeze at minute 5 - 6 and say disc read error i cleaned the discs and none seem to be scratched or damaged. So i tried  doin restore file system and it worked at first and now im having the same problem again i tried the same option still wont work i also tried Option 4 and 5 and all dont seem to work i dont know what else to do 

What do yuh guys recomend me? :Confused:

Hello there!

Right, I may have a few things that you could try out

1) You say you have tried option 4 and 5 so, try going into Safe Mode and select option 6, download the update data ont a removeable disk drive then press START and SELECT togeather, let it re install the update and it should work!

2) If the above fails, back up all your data, enter Safe Mode and select Option 2 then select Full system format, that should work.

3) If that hasn't resolved your issue, keep your backup data and get a PlayStation replacement by calling 0844-736-0595 and explain that you have tried all troubleshooting problems but please note that they may charge you at least £110

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (128 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Corrupted File System

Just to add to this post but if you get the ps3 replaced by sony it will be a refurbed console that you get back. The refurbs are consoles that have been received by sony broken. They then repair them and send them out as replacement consoles. The only problem is with this is although sony have fixed the console it might not last much more than the 3 month warranty sony gives you for it.

My advice would be to buy a second hand slim model. It will probably last longer and you can always ask the seller if the console has been repaired before. True you don't get any warranty but you would a better deal than going for the sony option. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (114 Views)
0 Kudos