04 Aug 2012
By: MaxEvaZac

1 Posts

Disk Stuck in Drive

[ Edited ]
2 Replies 206 Views edited 04-08-2012

I'm not too happy with my kids at the moment as they thought it would be fun to post badges into my playstation blu ray drive. I've opened it up and removed them and all seems fine except the blu ray player wouldnt accept disks.

So I fiddled a bit more following some guys instructions on you tube but that didnt seem right but now it will take disks and eject them (noisily) but wont play.

There must be some way of resetting the drive, please can anyone help?

Its a PS3 Slim 320GB, about 1.5 years old. The only identifying numbers I can find on the drive are CT74-2>ABS<, SK71-1, 101025C, M7-2-2.

The Playstation is a CECH-2504B

Many thanks..

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3 (206 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Disk Stuck in Drive

It may not be a matter of resetting the drive. The foreign objects may have disturbed the laser arrangement - knocked it out of line.

There are 3rd-party servicing companies out there, and they would look to do what they can, but may come to the conclusion that a complete BD-drive replacement may be necessary.

Get your children some work, such as cleaning chimneys, to help you pay for the fix, then rig a post in the garden with a short length of chain for their future storage.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (190 Views)

Re: Disk Stuck in Drive

As the PlayStation 3 is not a user serviceable product I am unable to give you advise on repairing the Blu-Ray drive yourself. 

You can try 3rd party repairers of contact PlayStation Support do discuss your replacement options.

SFZ

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3 (186 Views)
0 Kudos