25 May 2012

Playstation Staff

Error 8001000A?

134 Replies 51,529 Views Created 25-05-2012

Please help :smileysad: I just got set up with a new company for broadband and now I cant connect to wireless or wired connection, it was all fine a couple weeks ago and now when I try to connect it says access point was not detected and error 8001000A

when I plug in the Ethernet it doesn't find it.. I've never posted on here before coz iv usually been able to sort things out myself! HELP! :smileyhappy: x

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 135 (51,529 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Error 8001000A?

xDarK_Bab3x wrote:

Please help :smileysad: I just got set up with a new company for broadband and now I cant connect to wireless or wired connection, it was all fine a couple weeks ago and now when I try to connect it says access point was not detected and error 8001000A

when I plug in the Ethernet it doesn't find it.. I've never posted on here before coz iv usually been able to sort things out myself! HELP! :smileyhappy: x

Hi xDarK_Bab3x,

Have you tried restoring default setting on your PS3?

If you go to System Settings > Restore Default Settings it will reset your Network Settings so you can set this up again from the start.

The error code usually refers to disconnecting a device too soon, and a data transferring issue.

Let me know how you get on.

Rabid

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 135 (51,510 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Hi! RabidWalker, i had the same problem and tried your advice. but it didnt work. It finded the Modem at the first time( after the restoring ) but when i entered my PSN Id(email) and password, it gave me the same error and after that, when i tried to conect again, it didnt find the modem anymore.(just like before) Is there any advice on this? Or should i wait for it to fix?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 135 (51,487 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Little_Angle123 wrote:
Hi! RabidWalker, i had the same problem and tried your advice. but it didnt work. It finded the Modem at the first time( after the restoring ) but when i entered my PSN Id(email) and password, it gave me the same error and after that, when i tried to conect again, it didnt find the modem anymore.(just like before) Is there any advice on this? Or should i wait for it to fix?

Hi there,

Have you tried this through an ethernet connection as well. If you do try through an ethernet, I would attempt to reset the the modem or router (or combo) prior to attempting a wired connection. If for example you unplugged the ethernet on a PC and plugged into the PS3 it frequently doesn't work, or detect the modem, as you describe. Resetting the network devices each time reconfigures it for the wired device.

Have you also recently swapped Internet Service Providers as well?

Rabid

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 135 (51,484 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

welll i had this error before .i tell u something is a nightmare to sort it out .

try reset the router n if dont worked ,then u have to phone internet provider to help you the right connection setting n if is not helping then u need new router :smileysad: 

i had a landline problem while we had 3 free new router the internet provider think is the new router blown up apprently is wasnt .

Does ur laptop worked ok ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 135 (51,482 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
@rabid
Thank you for the advice. The Ps3 found the modem and connected. But when i tried to sign in to Psn, it disconnected again. oh and we changed our modem this morrning. Btw it started being like this since we changed our modem(today)
@steve
I tried connecting through the laptob and it did. So no problem with other devices. :smileyhappy:
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 135 (51,476 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i have exactly same problem...!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 135 (51,096 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Yeah I just had this problem, my internet was working fine on my laptop and I'd been downloading a game overnight on my ps3 and then it just stopped. I did the internet connection test and it told me it couldn't find an IP address because of error 8001000A, I switched off the router and switched it back on again but still no difference, my laptop was still hooked up fine but nothing from the PS3, I figured maybe the PS3 was a bit overworked because I hadn't turned it off for about two days so I turned the PS3 off, left it coll for a few minutes, turned it back on and it was fine, hooked up to the internet and downloading again, weird.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 135 (50,652 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I updated my ps3 31.8.2012 and after that i got that same message. My internet connection works with my 2 computers and with my phones so my connection is not the problem, it has to be with ps3. Internet setup from ps3:s internet connection settings doesn't find any wireless connections. I tried to enter all the info manually and started connection test but it fails immediately when obtaining IP address, like it doesn't even try. 

After restarting ps3, i got following message after failed to login: "An error occured during communication with the server. This is a DNS error. (80710102)". After numerous restarts i started to get "wrong e-mail or password" error. After correcting e-mail and password i get that DNS error.

I could try with ethernet cable but it requires me to pull 25m of cable and what use it is to have wi-fi if it doesn't work?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 135 (49,993 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHH this error

this is F***cking rediculous,
Its defiantly something to do with the playstation, am sick of pages saying try different routers,cables etc its nothing to do with them. all the computers in the house pick up wireless and wired connections.

The PS3 is just dropping it connection and the wired and wirless dissappear as if someone as took the facility away from the machine.

So come on sony get it sorted

Message 10 of 135 (49,475 Views)