30 Oct 2012
By: redmjm

1 Posts
Accepted Solution

Error 8002314a

6 Replies 14,326 Views Created 30-10-2012

Hi I have just added to new users to my ps3 and have tried adding their PSN id to them and keep getting this error code. I have been told it is the PSN may be corrupt, However I have been on the phone to Playstation and they told me add new ports to the router which I've done but still the same error code.

Any advice welcome.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (14,326 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Re: Error 8002314a

redmjm wrote:

Hi I have just added to new users to my ps3 and have tried adding their PSN id to them and keep getting this error code. I have been told it is the PSN may be corrupt, However I have been on the phone to Playstation and they told me add new ports to the router which I've done but still the same error code.

Any advice welcome.

Hi redmjm,

The suggestion with this error code it that there is a corruption with the account, what you can try is creating another new user on the console and signing in with this account information to see if this works.

Let me know how you get on!

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (14,248 Views)
0 Kudos

Just had this problem with error code 8002314A when creating a sub-account. Finally logged into PlayStation Network's Web site with the sub-account info; no security question was set up yet. Set up question, then went back to the PS and was finally able to activate.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (14,147 Views)
0 Kudos

I was having the same problem and your suggestion worked.  Thank you sybel68!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (13,947 Views)
0 Kudos

You were right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (12,572 Views)
0 Kudos

Had the same error but somehow I had to go to the www.sonycomputerentertainment.com website with the sub account details and then clicked the icon to register a play station system land that gave the option to set he security question voila all was then ok.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (11,099 Views)
0 Kudos

Worked
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (10,908 Views)
0 Kudos