New messages in the last hour
Get a response within minutes
92% percent of messages responded to
So I recently sent my PS3 for service. I got it back today and try to restore my data. Before I sent the system in I backed everything up on a hard drive formated in FAT32.
When I go to the restore option it finishes and comes up with the error code 800283FO. What am I supposed to do?
I've tried things like turning all the auto-power off options off and some other quirks but nothing has helped. I can't re-backup the data cuz Sony wiped it out when they serviced it.
Interesting thing is one time I canceled the restore at like 20% and it restored everything. My game data, demos, downloaded titels, pictures, and saved data. The only thing that was missing was my copyright protected data. Games like Assassin's Creed 2, Spec Ops the line, Spiderman Shattered Dimensions etc.
I thought the whole point of backing up your data using the backup utility was to get the copyright data back and not lose it.
I would take any help I can get. So thanks to anyone who can offer me some help.
Not that anyone cares since nobody bothered to post but....
Okay so I wanted to do the right thing and post an update on my situation. Hopefully this will help out others in the future.
1. I called sony, and they gave me ***** saying the only way to gurantee copyrighted data to be backed up was by using the PS+ cloud feature. Well screw them.
I tried several different things and none of them seemed to work. Here is the interesting thing.
When I did the restore operation it would go to 100% then come up with the error code 800283FO. Which means you have corrupt data.
It would REINSTORE my users, and my save data. However, it wouldn’t include photos, videos, ANY game data utility, or they copyrighted saves.
So one time I cancelled the restore at 20% and all my game data was there as well as photos, demos, vids, and save data. Still no copyright data.
So for another time I tried the restore and watched exactly when the error message pops up. It popped up at 40%. Now this is what I did and what I believe fixed my problem.
I went into SAFE MODE. If you don’t know how it’s very easy, and can be looked up on Sony’s website. When I went into safe mode first I restored the file system. There are 6 choices in safe mode. DO number 3 first. It will restore your file system.
Next I went back into safe mode and did option 4 which is “Rebuild Database”.
After this I tried the backup restore feature one more time, however this time I cancelled it at 39%.
When I did this BAM! EVERYTHING WAS BACK!!!! YES even the copyrighted files.
I’m not sure what all the reasoning behind this is or the technical mumbo jumbo, but hopefully it will help somebody else out there if they come across the same problem.
I also put all those games in my system and loaded them up to make sure the data would work. IT did everything just fine.
Hope this helps someone someday.
Hey I know this is a tad late to the party.
but I came across this when I was googling the issue myself.
i had been stuck for a when putting in a 1tb drive. I have a lot of PS+ that I couldn't really be bothered with deleting. so I was deleting Saved data Utilities with still no result. So I decide a look at my themes just to reminisce. I noticed that a lot of the ones I had got through PS+ were un able to be opened if I wasn't signed in and a few we're even coming up corrupt so I deleted all of them and tried one more time praying to the PS Gods and by joe! It worked!!
Seems to be linked with the Themes, so id recommend deleting utilities just for speed but themes seem to cause the error.
sorry I was too late for you but hopefully this will help someone else.
I'm sorry to hear someone else had problems with this. I had a very similar issue during the summer.
I'm trying your suggested workaround at the moment, and I hope it works!
Can you please tell me what do you mean by "I cancelled it"? Do you mean, you press the "O" button before the error triggers, or do you just unplug the USB cable from your external storage device?
1. Switched PS3 (transfer from PS3 to PS3 went fine)
2. Switched HDD on the new PS3, since the old one had a bigger one (The Backup and Restore process went fine, with everything being restored)
3. Later on, I was going to play WipEout HD and a message poped up saying it couldn't read the saved file...
4. In the XMB, I notice that ALL saved files from ALL games have the exact same corrupted save file icon (a gray rectangle background, with the Cross, Circle, Square and Triangle PS3 symbols on the right side of the reactangle, in a lighter gray, almost white.
5. Not believing what I was seeing, I go into safe mode and do the File System Restore.
6. Boot the console, and see all saved files remain corrupted.
7. Then I decided to Rebuild Database, but didn't realised that it would delete all my saved files.
8. Once the process was done and I realised all saves where gone, I remembered the backup I had from the HDD swap. I start the restore and despite saying it would take almost 4 hours, it took over 12 hours...
9. The next morning I see that the restore had failed at.......... 100% progress with error code 800283F0 and with the ETA for conclusion in "Less than a minute"... :smileyfrustrated:
I started googling for answers on this:
1. Why did all my save files became corrupt weeks/months after a successful backup restore?
2. Why did the restore fail at 100%, with less than a minute to complete the process and when it completed before without problems?
3. How can I solve this issue!?
I even though the error had been mine in the beginning, as I had cleared some empty folders from my External HDD called stuff like "ai0fdjdsgl45ut09ghjgdoryhgj5409yhj" which are normally Windows restore folders and can be nuked if empty and you know whatever Windows had done on that HDD, it's long completed and can be cleaned. But I wasn't 100% sure if they were from Windows once this happened to my restore.
I had lost 5 years of gaming progress; some of that progress was from games that I've finished and won't pick up again, sure - but some of that progress was from games I keep replaying with friends and which have hard earned and time consuming unlockables... Gran Turismo 5 time grinding career mode; LittleBigPlanet 1+2 story progress and its countless unlockables, just to mention a few.
The few Error Code 800283F0 references I had found provided no answers to my problems...
Then I decided to try something on the "creative" side:
- If I'm the one to blame on this for deleting those empty system folders, then;
1. I'll make a new restore from the empty PS3
2. I'll delete the contents from the new restore folder
3. I'll pass all contents from the old restore folder to the new one
4. I'll pray to the PlayStation gods...
The restore started without a problem and would progress... until getting the error message at 100% with less than a minute to complete.
Yes, there was something screwed up on the Restore process, but I didn't seem to be the one to blame.
Considering the loss of 5 years of gaming, I could barely look at the PS3. I kept trying to gather strenght to contact SCEE's support and see what they could do for my cause.
Thank you for letting me/us/the community know that Sony's answer to the problem is "NO. We are not responsible and will not support you in a feature that is integrated in the PS3 operative system and is part of the console configuration. But, if you give us some more money, we'll do our best to support you through a storage system that you'll never be able to access on your own, unless you keep giving us your money."
If this works, I guess I'll have to consider adhere to the the Plus service, even though I already own most game I'm interested in having and couldn't care less for cloud systems or exclusive and yet redundant treats. Alternatively, I'll also consider forgetting there's a console market that wants to beat a PC market without managing to get right a tiny portion of what you can do on a PC.
OMG thank you so much, this worked perfectly. i have everything back; game data, game saves, everything. thanks again!!!
Here's the solution to the problem. Found it almost 3 years ago. Posting it in this thread, because this is the first page that pops up when you search for 800283F0. Hopefully it will help people that got screwed by Sony's crappy design:
Not fully worked but thank you for posting, seems like a lot of people are having this problem.
Website ©2017 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited. All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. More info