98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Error Codes and Other Infomation

1,316 Replies 231,866 Views Created 24-03-2007
Hey, here is a list and a reason of some of the error codes you may encounter whilst connecting your PS3 online, also the required ports need to be opened in order to play online.

Playstation Network Required Ports

TCP 80
TCP 443
TCP 5223
UDP 3478
UDP 3479
UDP 3658
TCP/UDP 9293 (remote start)

Playstation Online Game Ports

Call of Duty 3:

UDP 3074
TCP 3074

MotorStorm

UDP 3659
UDP 3660

Resistance: Fall of Man

UDP 6505
UDP 6999

Playstation 3 Error Code List

0710102 - DNS Error; No DSN server available.

8001050B - Will not play demo hard drive games, when blue-ray disc is inserted - Cause unknown

80010510 - Will not play hard drive games - Cause unknown

8002b241 - DVI has no audio.

80028EA5 - Unknown

80029023 - Exchanging Key Information exchange has timed out

80029024 - The attempt to obtain an IP address has timed out

80029564 - Downloaded Game will not install - Cause unknown

8002F997 - Can not update XMB firmware

8003051E - Game will not Save

80031150 - System Settings Fail to Save - Possible Blue Screen "Setting information is corrupted.Press the x button to repair and restore default"

80130203 - PS3 connects to internet but not to network - Typically means that the required ports are not open to connect to store but PS3 can connect to internet.

80710092 - "An error has occured. you've been signed out from the ps network" - (connection dropped?)

80710102 - PS3 Cannot connect to the router with current IP information - Try rebooting your router

80710541 - The connection to the server timed out.

80710B23 - PS3 Network is Down or PS3 Network is too busy to respond

80710D23 - Turn the PS3 off for a bit (30 minutes give or take) with the power toggle (not standby mode).

80029024 -"Cannot Obtain an IP address".

80028EA5 Unknown - User cannot connect to PS3 network. Sony told the user to send the machine in.

8002b241 - DVI has no audio

8001050B - "Will not play demo hard drive games, (when blue-ray disc is inserted) - cause unknown".

8002F997 - Trying to Update the Firmware, copying to a file and installing from a USB drive falied".

80710016 - Playstation Network is down.

8013013E - WEP Key error, change WEP key to all numbers (on router homepage) and try agian, or which to WPA.

8071053D - Hard boot the PS3, turn off the PS3 to stand-by, flip off the back swtich and remove the power cord. Then shut off your modem/router, for about 5 mintues, then turn the modem back up first and let it sync, then turn the router back on(if using one) and let it sycn. Reconnect your power cable and flip the back swtich up again. Then make a new network connnection.

8013030F - Check Router Page, SSID Broadcasting possibly off.

8002F994 - To many people downloading the update just sit back until the morning around 5am - 11am and you should be able to get it.

80410A0B - Internal PSP error, hardware fault. Send back to be replaced/fixed.

80028F10 - Go to Display Settings then HDMI (or whatever your connection is) and choose Automactic, not Custom. I always had it on Custom before. Seems when you choose Automatic it allows the PS3 to select 50hz which is what you need for PAL games that don't support 60hz.

8002A705 - Unable to connect to server/host. Check router port configuration.

80030920 - An error occurred during the copy operation. The file may be corrupt or there isnt enough memory. Try copying data from original source.

If you feel that any of these error codes are incorrect or need more infomation adding. Please feel free to contact me or a mod ;)

Router Infomation

Router Make: Belkin
IP Address: 192.168.2.1
No Default Password.

Router Make:Netgear (through Sky BB) DG834GT
IP Address: 192.168.0.1
User:admin
Password:sky

Router: Netgear DG834(PN)
IP Address: 192.168.0.1
Password: password
N.B Due to their interpretation of the 802.11n protocol. The PS3 must have problems with the router compatibility and as it isn't yet a ratified standard (not Sonys fault). (By Mulletino)

BT HOMEHUB
Login: Admin
Password: admin / password (one or the other)

Router Make: Linksys
IP Address: 192.168.1.1
User: Admin
Password: Admin
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

alleruzzo

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
alleruzzo
Accepted Solution
hello to all please i'm in a very difficult problem now
i have the error 8002A227 "you cant acceed with this account" i create also another account but nothing qhy i get banned i don't make nothing
0 Kudos

Rif.: Re: List of PS3 Error Codes

/16

[aprilshack]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[aprilshack]
Accepted Solution
For some reason it can't find the access point. The router is on & it is showing wlan is on, dsl internet is on. What can the problem be?
0 Kudos

Re: List of PS3 Error Codes

/16

JordanBlack68

77%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JordanBlack68
Accepted Solution
wow loadz of error codes
0 Kudos

/16

[aprilshack]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[aprilshack]
Accepted Solution
For some reason it can't find the access point. The router is on & it is showing wlan is on, dsl internet is on. What can the problem be?

Can anyone shed some light?
0 Kudos

/16

[Micha]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[Micha]
Accepted Solution
Here is the information my PS3 has in it.
and my error screen:

And i don't know what a WEP is...:(

Your 81.xxxxx address is your routers' WAN address - you have to give your PS3 a LAN address. Typically this is in the 192.168.0.x range but you should check what it is on your router.

For the gateway you should put in your routers' LAN IP, in my example this would then usually be 192.168.0.1.
0 Kudos

/16

[Micha]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[Micha]
Accepted Solution

Your router might be hiding the SSID in which case you can type it in manually on the PS3 if you don't want to un-hide it.
0 Kudos

/16

[aprilshack]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[aprilshack]
Accepted Solution
Your router might be hiding the SSID in which case you can type it in manually on the PS3 if you don't want to un-hide it.

How do i find the ssid?
0 Kudos

/16

JackC9610

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JackC9610
Accepted Solution
it should be on the side of ur router
0 Kudos

/16

[pinking]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[pinking]
Accepted Solution
Does anybody know what error 80130132 means? I've been getting that for the hour!:cry:
0 Kudos

/16

ZN8KE

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ZN8KE
Accepted Solution
I can connect to internet allright and I get in to (lets say) R fom but 8 min or maybee less I get chucked out saying "An error has occured. you've been signed out from the ps network" I don't have that problem with my pc and dunno what the problem is?
My ps3 is wired to the router which is wired to the modem
My pc is wireless to the router (which is wired to the modem)
Any reason I should wire the ps3 straight to the modem instead and bypass the router ? Will both internet connections work if one is wireless through the router and the other straight into the modem and how do I set that up ?
Sorry if I soud no0bie (but I am in these matters)

Any help is appriciated
/Z
0 Kudos

/16

ratchetnclank

98%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ratchetnclank
Accepted Solution
just got this stickied for you :D
0 Kudos

/16

ZN8KE

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ZN8KE
Accepted Solution
just got this stickied for you :D Could that help me "not getting chucked out" of RFOM though ? (lol)

Only joking ratchetnclank !! ;-)
0 Kudos

/16

Oo_Alias_oO

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Oo_Alias_oO
Accepted Solution
I can connect to internet allright and I get in to (lets say) R fom but 8 min or maybee less I get chucked out saying "An error has occured. you've been signed out from the ps network" I don't have that problem with my pc and dunno what the problem is?
My ps3 is wired to the router which is wired to the modem
My pc is wireless to the router (which is wired to the modem)
Any reason I should wire the ps3 straight to the modem instead and bypass the router ? Will both internet connections work if one is wireless through the router and the other straight into the modem and how do I set that up ?
Sorry if I soud no0bie (but I am in these matters)

Any help is appriciated
/Z

Well if you can get onto the routers homepage and look for 'Virtual Servers' or Port forwarding, enter the relevant ports on the first page to your Ps3's IP and it should work.

just got this stickied for you :D

Thanks, never thought this would get sticked xD
0 Kudos

/16

Satnat666

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Satnat666
Accepted Solution
I've had my PS3 for several weeks now and no probems with PS Network, until today. I was having a game on R:FOM online and I got disconnected. I quit the game and tried to sign back into PS network and got error code 80710092. I'm now on my pc and on this forum, so I presumed my internet connection was ok.

But, I tried going to speedtest.net to see if the speed of my provider had dropped for some reason, but I can't connect to speedtest.net, I get "internet explorer cannot connect to web page", yet I can use this forum ok.

So, I don't think error 80710092 has anything to do with the router or the PS3, I think it must be something to do with a temporary problem with my broadband supplier, which is ntlworld (now Virgin Media) or some other localized internet problem, maybe?

Then again, I'll try resetting my modem and router, and see what happens.
0 Kudos

Re: Error Code 80710092

/16

Oo_Alias_oO

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Oo_Alias_oO
Accepted Solution
Could be a load of problems, erm you may have exeeded the limit of your bandwith... Try again tomorrow, hopefully i should work for you. :)
0 Kudos

/16

[mpingree]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[mpingree]
Accepted Solution
Well,
I've had the PS2 and now PS3 for a while but I never had played online. So I bought an ether net cable to see if I could hook it up. I have a cable modem, which has the coaxial going in it, an ethernet going to the PS3, and a USB going to the computer. When going to the network set-up prompt, I put in the correct IP address, Subnetmask, Default, and the 2 DNS server numbers. I found all these values through my computer going to the "start" "run" "command" section.
Anyways, when testing the connection it connected, but threw me an error code 80710102 "error occured while resolving name with server". I then went to my computer and there was a little bubble in the lower right corner saying something about another connection on the line(I'm not sure of the wording though).
Is there something I missed? Does my PC have to be turned off to run the PS3? Do I need to run a router or is my cable modem enough? Help me out guys. Like I said, I'm new to this online gaming scene and I'm not too computer literate, so I apologize for my newbie questions. Thanks.

Mike
0 Kudos

/16

[teh_wolf]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[teh_wolf]
Accepted Solution
Well,
I've had the PS2 and now PS3 for a while but I never had played online. So I bought an ether net cable to see if I could hook it up. I have a cable modem, which has the coaxial going in it, an ethernet going to the PS3, and a USB going to the computer. When going to the network set-up prompt, I put in the correct IP address, Subnetmask, Default, and the 2 DNS server numbers. I found all these values through my computer going to the "start" "run" "command" section.
Anyways, when testing the connection it connected, but threw me an error code 80710102 "error occured while resolving name with server". I then went to my computer and there was a little bubble in the lower right corner saying something about another connection on the line(I'm not sure of the wording though).
Is there something I missed? Does my PC have to be turned off to run the PS3? Do I need to run a router or is my cable modem enough? Help me out guys. Like I said, I'm new to this online gaming scene and I'm not too computer literate, so I apologize for my newbie questions. Thanks.

Mike

Your cable modem has a USB port and an ethernet port as an either/or option.

You cannot use both at the same time (well, it's technically possible, but for the sake of this problem, you can't ;p).

You need to buy a router suitable for a cable modem connection (i.e. not an ADSL modem/router, but a "Broadband" router). This should cost somewhere between £20 & £50 depending on what and where you buy.

Setup is generally very easy, connect the ethernet port on the cable modem to the port marked "WAN" on the broadband router, and then connect your PS3 & PC to the other ports (or if you get a wireless one, connect them with that). Set your PC and PS3 to obtain all of their IP information / settings automatically and everything* should "just work" ;->

*Somewhere on this forum, there's a list of ports that need forwarding to your ps3 in order for you to use headset comms & be able to host games, it's easy enough to configure, but not worth worrying about until it becomes a problem :)
0 Kudos

/16

hairymachine

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
hairymachine
Accepted Solution
Mines saying it can't obtain IP address (timed out) when it's been working fine ever since i got it, and over night it decides to do this, any ideas?
0 Kudos

/16

Brixton

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Brixton
Accepted Solution
Scottlister

Have you got the IP's the wrong way round? should your router not be ***.***.***.1 and your PS3 ***.***.***.5 or what ever you chose. 1 Is normally reserved as the Gateway address in any ip range.

try it see if you have any luck.:gr8:
0 Kudos

/16

[vivid9]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[vivid9]
Accepted Solution
Can anyone tell me what this error code means:

i'm getting it when creating new acounts...
0 Kudos

/16

Oo_Alias_oO

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Oo_Alias_oO
Accepted Solution
Not even google or windows site recognises it... Hmm, is that your first accout, or another one. It may be because you are not allowed to make or dublicate another account.
0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel