PS3 Support

PS3 Support

04 Nov 2012
By: dissa76

3 Posts
Accepted Solution

Error code 800 10514 on PS3

6 Replies 1886 Views Created 04-11-2012

Hi everyone, anyone know what actual problem is with PS3, it freezes so far into game or freezes when playing blu ray film. Any suggestions please.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (1,886 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: Error code 800 10514 on PS3

Hey dissa76

don't know how much help this is to you, but i have had the exact same problem for about a month now. Bought F12012 and all worked fine for about 2 weeks (actually up until the 4.31 firmware update was released) then things hit a brick wall,,,,80010514 error with ONLY F12012, then progressively over the coming days every game i owned wouldn't work. Blu-rays and DVDs worked fine, then they went as well. I had recently had the laser replaced as it was on its way out, so i'm assuming it cant be that, if it was then it only lasted 6 weekswhich is pathetic, i also replaced the Hard-Drive today ( 05/11/12 ) and yes while a few games/Blu-rays do work now (GT5/F12011/BF3), i'm still left with this stupid 80010514 error on F12012 so basically i'm stuck with a 120gb ps3 that only plays certain disc games/Blu-rays and psn games,,,, I have searched the forums trying to find a solution, ( there isnt much about it, so i wouldnt waste your time ) and Sony will only say this is a uncommon problem and ask you to send it in for repair leaving your wallet a that little bit lighter

this is probably the best solution i can find to help out, i've heard a few people mention it on forums but its beyond my knowledge and skills on how to actually fix it

dajdaj03
02-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Its two different problems either :

- the blue ray died, and so it's a hardware problem, so both game discs and movie DVD/BluRay can not be read anymore.

- Or it's a game disc recognition and execution problem, and here the error is not hardware related but is probably caused due to corruption of firmware. In that case, the drive will still play DVD and Blu Ray movies, but not the game disc.

so what i've tried

-replaced laser,, didnt work

-rebuild hard-drive from menu,, didnt work

-took apart and cleaned the laser,, didnt work

-full fomat,, didnt work

-replaced hard-drive,, got a few games and blu-rays to work but not all of them

and before anyone says its a problem with my disc, The new Need or Speed Most Wanted didnt work either, yet i can play BF3/GT5 and F12011 and cant play F12012.

Ive emailed codemasters aswell and they have told me its a hardware failure, Sony seem to be staying very tight lipped about this one and dont want to reveal they're secrets on how to fix it

Hope this helps you out

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (1,866 Views)
0 Kudos

Thanks for the heads up will save me a lot of wasted time searching for solution, ended up buying new PS3, just thought I could of got it fixed but it was the 40gb one so it lasted me quite a while ,thanks for your suggestions and taking time to let me know that there doesn't seem to be a quick fix for the error code its like you said though that if the code is there then Sony must know what it means and how to sort the problem but just want everyone to spend money they probably don't have,thanks a lot though for your time. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (1,843 Views)
0 Kudos

No problem buddy, i downgraded from a 120gb to a 40gb Hard-Drive as it was all i had spare, My next option is to replace the whole Blu-ray drive, so fingers crossed that works. if it doesnt , then im stuck. This isnt the first time iv hit this error either ( lucky most have been in the first year warranty so they usually just swap it over) if i dump this console that will be my 9th ps3 :smileysad: in 4 years. I think im just cursed when i comes to Ps3's lol. I always do everything the tell you to do, Keep it clean, Dust free, Not playing for longer than 3 hrs at a time, nothing helps. If it's gonna go then it's in the lap of the god's as to when it will happen. I wish a tech head on here would actually let us ALL know what this error code actually means and what part/parts need to be replaced to fix the issue.

Glad you got it sorted in the end tho, even if you did get a new console. I for one am refusing to give Sony anymore money towards repairs until i actually find out what the problem is, because im sure after spending nearly £300 on the console, probably another £100 on games, people can't be expected to have to pay £150 for a repair just after the warranty runs out

Happy Gaming buddy

Sy

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (1,835 Views)
0 Kudos

get hacked :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (1,610 Views)
0 Kudos

Thanks for letting me know what you had to do to try an get your system back on track,sorry it hasn't worked for you . You saved me looking round trying to find someone who could of fixed it but would probably just be taking the money for it to break a few months down the line hope you get it sorted without spending to much more thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (1,593 Views)
0 Kudos

Thanx a lot, you guys ssved me a lot of time, because i'm getting the same error code with all my games and i have to try it at least 4 to 5 times before the game will work. Once the game is working, i can play as long as i don't turn the playstation off for more than ten mins. The trick i use is playing netflix and then keep trying to put the game in until it pops up on the menu screen and try and see if it works from there. Playstatoin shows that they really don't care about it people playing there games or not, because if someone decided to bocot Playstation games until they fixed the probnlem, i bet it would get fixed.. Thanks anyways guys, I'm just going to hold out until PS4 comes out, until then i'm stuck with this POS sticky disc.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (962 Views)
0 Kudos