Support

PS3 Support

PS3 Support

21 Jun 2012
By: Bealinator Member 120 Posts
Level 3

Error code 80023017 when accessing account/Playstation Store

14 Replies 1003 Views Created 21-06-2012

Just got my PS3 back today through my extended warranty (what an investment, I tell you!) and I've basically managed to successfully sync my trophies (incredible, and far quicker than the reported three hours some poeple claimed) but now I'm not able to get onto the store or access my account on the XMB.

I was able to go on the store earlier, so is it down for maintenance or something?

SCOTTISH NATIONAL PARTY FOR VICTORY IN JUNE!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (1,003 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: Error code 80023017 when accessing account/Playstation Store

It's happening for me too, I was playing from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM (EST). I took a break and I just tried to get on right now (4:00PM) but it said I was signed out of PSN. I tried to log in from the XMB more than twice, each time it said "Your password is no longer valid. You enter a new password to sign in." So when I press 'X' for OK, it gives me this code. I was researching about this a while ago, notices people asked about this last year around march. Which I think is the same time SONY was hacked into, I seriously hope its not something like that again, summer break just started!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (918 Views)
0 Kudos

Got the same problem aswell. First it says it's a maintence, 2 min later i get that error. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (819 Views)
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

yh i got the same problem too i get a new PSN card i buy stuff with it then all of a sudden the error code appears done everything i could but for other people it seems to be working this better get fixed

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (810 Views)
0 Kudos

i just done update for mw3 and need to download map pack again but cant get on to playstation store, is it under maintenance? x

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (641 Views)
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Yeah I just bought BF3... came home all excited to play and game with my new bluetooth headset as well. Nope. Error code every time I want to open up PS Store.

WHY

*edit* - I like how this is everyone's first post haha. Except for topic starter. Right on.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (561 Views)
0 Kudos

Yes i cant sign in can't watch netflix nothing is working
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (533 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

[ Edited ]

So what's going on here?  A response would be nice.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (476 Views)
0 Kudos

I think it's just maintenance.. I tried finding the "status of SCE Network" and whatnot.. didn't see anything specifically stating that there was maintenance being performed. I know I have internet connection -.- So our best bet is to just wait up to 24hrs... Which sucks especially if you just bought a new game.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (461 Views)
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

right whats goin on with this error dose it meen sumomeones hacking my account n how can i get it fixed :Peace:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (449 Views)
0 Kudos