New messages in the last hour
Get a response within minutes
92% percent of messages responded to
I tried to download and install a new system update and when it is installing, it gets stuck on 99% and comes up with error code 8002F310.
I've followed all the on screen instructions and it keeps trying to tell me to unplug the power and try again. I've now done about ten times and still nothing.
Can someone please please help? I would be truly grateful. Thank you.
it will not let me do anything. As soon as i turn the system on it tries to install the update again and fails. Its driving me crazy.
i'm also having the same problems and cannot enter safe mode but sony say this is not there problem and want to charge for a replacement console
It will not let me enter safe mode. Im going to ring them in a minute. They said they need more details and are going try and talk me throught troubleshooting and stuff.
I dont see how sony can say its not their problem when it was working fine until I tried downloading their system update.
Il let you all know how I get on. Thanks for all your feedback
I've sorted the problem but lost all the data on my hard disk, which is mildly inconvenient.
I had to turn the power off, take out the problem hard disk with installation loop and put in an old 40gig HDD. Format that and ps was working again. I then put the 320gig problem hard drive back in, formatted and sorted. But all save data gone, finished.
Thank you all for responding in my hour of need. Take care.
Oh and by the way, this was apparantly caused by a dip in my wireless internet whilst downloading system update which caused a currupt file. Hence, the reason it wouldn't install.
In future I will be downloading via internet on my pc to a USB and updating that away to avoid this happening again.
I had the same problem, but managed to sort it without losing anything of the HDD!
here is the feedback I sent to the PS support line survey they sent me after trying to rip me off
My ps3 was working fine until I updated the system software to (4.21), it downloaded it but sticks at 99% installing and will not let me access anything else, every time I restart, the installing update restarts until 99% then says error 8002F310
I called your support line and she took me through the safe mode restart, which did not work. She then said that I would have to replace my PS3 and after getting info, said it would cost me £120. I explained that it should only be a software issue so should it not just be a hard drive issue? but she insisted that I must replace the whole PS3 slim. I said I would think about it and check on the forums about it.
After I checked on the PSN forum I found others had same problem and a change of HDD and putting the system update file on a USB would sort it out.
So I swapped the HDD (old portable), formated and updated with 4.21 on usb, then put original HDD back in and again updated with 4.21 on usb, and my PS3 is working again and updated without losing any saved games etc, replacing anything or dishing out £120 for a refurbish PS3 replacement.
The support help line should give device and solutions not try and get more money out of Playstation customers. Overall not a successful support call and very poor knowledge of the issues affecting the PS3 update system.
I will only update via a USB drive after downloading the updates on the PC.
the solution from Maczone35 works.
Actually it was my solution, i have written that solution already in February 2012.
the dreaded 99% loop happened to me yesterday but I finally sorted it when searching through forums. the post I read and used didn't worik totally but I was able to trial and error until success. It's might not work for everyone but the frustration I felt when i read about other people having to pay a stupid amount for a fix, I had to post what sorted it for me.
1. Download the update onto a USB stick using your pc. (Hopefully you have one). Create a new folder named UPDATE and drag the file into it. Then create a folder called PS3 and drag the 'UPDATE' folder into that. Note the folders must be in capitals.....
2. Underneath your console is a small panel near the front that pops open to reveal a small screw. Unscrew it and then remove a bigger panel on the actually front of the console to reveal the hard drive. It has a wire handle that will help you remove the hard drive. (Don't take it out yet)
3. Turn your console on and when the update loop begins take the hard drive out. After a minute or so it will realise this has happened and a error message will appear and a 60 second countdown will start. Let this time countdown and allow the console to restart. ( a post a read on a forum said that the console will restart on a screen that will allow you to download the update via USB but is did not happen for me and the system said it was unable to start because it could not detect a hard drive.)
4. Turn the console totally off and insert the hard drive. Turn it back on and as it is beginning to start carefully take the hard drive back out. Then a screen will hopefully appear that says to connect your controller to the USB wire and press the ps button. Do this and then it will give you the option to update via USB. Insert your USB drive and press start and select on your controller.
5. Then comes a step that I can't really explain and is the trial and error part of the process. When the system is searching for the USB update I inserted the hard drive. On the first try it didn't find the update and a error message appeared, but as I tried the whole process again it found the update and completely the process. I didn't lose any saves and more importantly, didn't pay a penny!!
hope this helps someone who was alas frustrated as I was!!
I tried that Maczone35 solution and it worked perfectly. So any one who is stuck in that update loop I really recommend trying his method. Dont bother calling Sony they just talk a loud of s***. If you think Maczone35 solution wasn't enough info try this:
1. Allow the PS3 to get to the end of the the broken install, and shut it off with the switch in the back.
2. Remove your hard drive and put in the spare drive and the USB stick with the updated firmware, and turn the PS3 back on.
3. Allow the PS3 to format the spare disk, and install the updated firmware. Progress through the firmware install all the way to the language selection screen, then power the PS3 off again with the switch.
4. Swap the original hard drive back in, but do not take out the USB stick. Turn the power back on. The PS3 will say that it can't boot because the firmware on the hard drive is corrupt, then it will ask to reinstall the firmware. Press start+select and allow it to reinstall.
5. After it's reinstalled the firmware, the system should boot back up and be working again.
Hope this helps.
Found the above steps from this dude: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation
AJ_BOJACK you are a god to me right now, that ***** worked perfectly man! Thank you so much, i dunno how the hell u figured that out but good on you, Sony should send you a 4K TV and 2000 dollars or something man.
My ps3 is stuck in the loop atm, can anyone confirm Maczone35 solution works?? I have a lot of games saves on my HDD and do not wish to lose them.
i download the new 4.30 software, but it stcuk at 99%, i phoned sony the said try safe mode that DIDNT WORK! so they said i could get it repaired for £110, what is a joke, it only cost £188 pound for a new consle (the same one).
i dont want to pay for it.
SO WAT SHOULD I DO????????
PLEASE HELP ME ANYONE
I've fixed it for you Jack. I'll take in to work tomorrow and give it to your mum.
I've signed in to PSN and finished your downloads for you.
All of your save games are still there (MW3, Battlefield, FIFA12, WWE12, COD Black ops, MW2)
If you haven't got one ask your mum to buy you a usb memory stick and back your game saves up!!!
Please give me more info on how you did this. Did you have to remove the hdd then put in the usb, because that didnt work for me, it says no readablehdd found. Or do you have to let the hdd stay in, i tried that. Please give me a more detailed way of how you did it.
Yes i have same problem just stuck in 99% as my post.
This is a fault thay have done....
Website ©2016 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited. All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. More info