Support

PS3 Support

PS3 Support

10 Jul 2012
By: B1G-RB

5 Posts

Error code '8002F310' when trying to update.

30 Replies 13733 Views Created 10-07-2012

I tried to download and install a new system update and when it is installing, it gets stuck on 99% and comes up with error code 8002F310.

I've followed all the on screen instructions and it keeps trying to tell me to unplug the power and try again. I've now done about ten times and still nothing.

Can someone please please help? I would be truly grateful. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 31 (13,733 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Re: Error code '8002F310' when trying to update.

Have you tried updating via storage media?
Follow fi8767 on Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 31 (13,721 Views)
0 Kudos

it will not let me do anything. As soon as i turn the system on it tries to install the update again and fails. Its driving me crazy.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 31 (13,720 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Can you not enter safe mode at all?
Follow fi8767 on Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 31 (13,717 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Can you get into Safe Mode? This may help.

Rabid

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 31 (13,702 Views)
0 Kudos

i'm also having the same problems and cannot enter safe mode but sony say this is not there problem and want to charge for a replacement console

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 31 (13,699 Views)
0 Kudos

It will not let me enter safe mode. Im going to ring them in a minute. They said they need more details and are going try and talk me throught troubleshooting and stuff.

I dont see how sony can say its not their problem when it was working fine until I tried downloading their system update.

Il let you all know how I get on. Thanks for all your feedback

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 31 (13,689 Views)
0 Kudos

I've sorted the problem but lost all the data on my hard disk, which is mildly inconvenient.

I had to turn the power off, take out the problem hard disk with installation loop and put in an old 40gig HDD. Format that and ps was working again. I then put the 320gig problem hard drive back in, formatted and sorted. But all save data gone, finished.

Thank you all for responding in my hour of need. Take care.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 31 (13,684 Views)
0 Kudos

Oh and by the way, this was apparantly caused by a dip in my wireless internet whilst downloading system update which caused a currupt file. Hence, the reason it wouldn't install.

In future I will be downloading via internet on my pc to a USB and updating that away to avoid this happening again.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 31 (13,682 Views)
0 Kudos

I had the same problem, but managed to sort it without losing anything of the HDD!

here is the feedback I sent to the PS support line survey they sent me after trying to rip me off

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My ps3 was working fine until I updated the system software to (4.21), it downloaded it but sticks at 99% installing and will not let me access anything else, every time I restart, the installing update restarts until 99% then says error 8002F310

I called your support line and she took me through the safe mode restart, which did not work. She then said that I would have to replace my PS3 and after getting info, said it would cost me £120. I explained that it should only be a software issue so should it not just be a hard drive issue? but she insisted that I must replace the whole PS3 slim. I said I would think about it and check on the forums about it.

After I checked on the PSN forum I found others had same problem and a change of HDD and putting the system update file on a USB would sort it out.

So I swapped the HDD (old portable), formated and updated with 4.21 on usb, then put original HDD back in and again updated with 4.21 on usb, and my PS3 is working again and updated without losing any saved games etc, replacing anything or dishing out £120 for a refurbish PS3 replacement.

The support help line should give device and solutions not try and get more money out of Playstation customers. Overall not a successful support call and very poor knowledge of the issues affecting the PS3 update system.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will only update via a USB drive after downloading the updates on the PC.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 31 (13,632 Views)
0 Kudos