My ps3 is stuck in the loop atm, can anyone confirm Maczone35 solution works?? I have a lot of games saves on my HDD and do not wish to lose them.
i download the new 4.30 software, but it stcuk at 99%, i phoned sony the said try safe mode that DIDNT WORK! so they said i could get it repaired for £110, what is a joke, it only cost £188 pound for a new consle (the same one).
i dont want to pay for it.
SO WAT SHOULD I DO????????
PLEASE HELP ME ANYONE
the solution from Maczone35 works.
Actually it was my solution, i have written that solution already in February 2012.
the dreaded 99% loop happened to me yesterday but I finally sorted it when searching through forums. the post I read and used didn't worik totally but I was able to trial and error until success. It's might not work for everyone but the frustration I felt when i read about other people having to pay a stupid amount for a fix, I had to post what sorted it for me.
1. Download the update onto a USB stick using your pc. (Hopefully you have one). Create a new folder named UPDATE and drag the file into it. Then create a folder called PS3 and drag the 'UPDATE' folder into that. Note the folders must be in capitals.....
2. Underneath your console is a small panel near the front that pops open to reveal a small screw. Unscrew it and then remove a bigger panel on the actually front of the console to reveal the hard drive. It has a wire handle that will help you remove the hard drive. (Don't take it out yet)
3. Turn your console on and when the update loop begins take the hard drive out. After a minute or so it will realise this has happened and a error message will appear and a 60 second countdown will start. Let this time countdown and allow the console to restart. ( a post a read on a forum said that the console will restart on a screen that will allow you to download the update via USB but is did not happen for me and the system said it was unable to start because it could not detect a hard drive.)
4. Turn the console totally off and insert the hard drive. Turn it back on and as it is beginning to start carefully take the hard drive back out. Then a screen will hopefully appear that says to connect your controller to the USB wire and press the ps button. Do this and then it will give you the option to update via USB. Insert your USB drive and press start and select on your controller.
5. Then comes a step that I can't really explain and is the trial and error part of the process. When the system is searching for the USB update I inserted the hard drive. On the first try it didn't find the update and a error message appeared, but as I tried the whole process again it found the update and completely the process. I didn't lose any saves and more importantly, didn't pay a penny!!
hope this helps someone who was alas frustrated as I was!!
I tried that Maczone35 solution and it worked perfectly. So any one who is stuck in that update loop I really recommend trying his method. Dont bother calling Sony they just talk a loud of s***. If you think Maczone35 solution wasn't enough info try this:
1. Allow the PS3 to get to the end of the the broken install, and shut it off with the switch in the back.
2. Remove your hard drive and put in the spare drive and the USB stick with the updated firmware, and turn the PS3 back on.
3. Allow the PS3 to format the spare disk, and install the updated firmware. Progress through the firmware install all the way to the language selection screen, then power the PS3 off again with the switch.
4. Swap the original hard drive back in, but do not take out the USB stick. Turn the power back on. The PS3 will say that it can't boot because the firmware on the hard drive is corrupt, then it will ask to reinstall the firmware. Press start+select and allow it to reinstall.
5. After it's reinstalled the firmware, the system should boot back up and be working again.
Hope this helps.
Found the above steps from this dude: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation
I've fixed it for you Jack. I'll take in to work tomorrow and give it to your mum.
I've signed in to PSN and finished your downloads for you.
All of your save games are still there (MW3, Battlefield, FIFA12, WWE12, COD Black ops, MW2)
If you haven't got one ask your mum to buy you a usb memory stick and back your game saves up!!!
Hello. I have the same problem. And i have heard that i should take out the harddrive and format it. I have done that.
And now when i try to turn on my PS3 nothings happeing! Their is no picture on the tv and the green lamp i on, then after some seconds the PS3 turns off! What should i do?
error code 8002F310 i'm stuck in a loop 99% FAIL... i dont have another hdd, i have the update on usb but i cannot get onto safe mode i need help please.....