Support

PS3 Support

PS3 Support

25 May 2012
By: crankyd87

4 Posts

Error code 8002f147 during update

6 Replies 1096 Views Created 25-05-2012

I recently bought a refurbished ps3 60g with f/w v2.53 (i think) but it fails to update at around 3-4 % of installation. It also asks for time & date on every start up which led me to believe its a battery problem. So i replaced the battery, that didnt work, then i replaced the hard drive, blu ray, power supply etc..everything but the motherboard but still i get the error code 8002f147 upon update installation. I'm all out of ideas so any help would be greatly appreiciated thankyou.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (1,096 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Re: Error code 8002f147 during update

crankyd87 wrote:

I recently bought a refurbished ps3 60g with f/w v2.53 (i think) but it fails to update at around 3-4 % of installation. It also asks for time & date on every start up which led me to believe its a battery problem. So i replaced the battery, that didnt work, then i replaced the hard drive, blu ray, power supply etc..everything but the motherboard but still i get the error code 8002f147 upon update installation. I'm all out of ideas so any help would be greatly appreiciated thankyou.

Hi Cranky,

How are you updating the console, is it through an external USB stick or through the console?

Firstly if its through the internet, try a wired connection directly to the modem. If its via a USB stick try a going through Safe Mode, and selecting option 6, which will install the update from the USB.

(Make sure the update is download in the PS3 > Update, folder structure)

Let me know how it goes.

Rabid

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (1,094 Views)

Hi , i have tried updating all ways, wired, wireless and usb, also used the safe mode option too. Also done every other option in safe mode =( thankyou for your reply though =)

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (1,092 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

crankyd87 wrote:

Hi , i have tried updating all ways, wired, wireless and usb, also used the safe mode option too. Also done every other option in safe mode =( thankyou for your reply though =)

mmm, I'm just wondering if its a pre-owned console whether it has been flashed with another system software before at all?

When you purchased it was there any indication form the seller of any issues at all, was it pre- owned from a shop or a private seller?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (1,087 Views)
0 Kudos

There were no indications at all, and it came with a 40" tele from ebay. The was a new warranty sticker placed on the bottom (but also another hiding damage) but the inside is absolutely spotless and looks like new.  

Ive heard i might need to reset the bios somehow, maybe turning the battery round ? But theres not much info about this. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (1,082 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

crankyd87 wrote:

There were no indications at all, and it came with a 40" tele from ebay. The was a new warranty sticker placed on the bottom (but also another hiding damage) but the inside is absolutely spotless and looks like new.  

Ive heard i might need to reset the bios somehow, maybe turning the battery round ? But theres not much info about this. 

Unfortunately I can't really advise you further on altering the inside of the console cranky. I would certainly take this up with the seller however, particularly given there was damage to the unit when you received it.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (1,080 Views)
0 Kudos

Hi, i have contacted the owner and they say they will take me through the steps of fixing the problem through email, hopefully they know whats going on, thx for your time anyways.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (1,077 Views)
0 Kudos