Re: Everyone who has had their PS3 breakdown this week post in here

its the update. Hopefully sony well fix this

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 61 of 264 (615 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Here is my problem. Ok for the 14 months I've had my ps3 slim 250 gig. It's been going strong no problems. It freezes on a couple of games I have. Section 8 and blacklight just need updates. All I had to do was restart the ps3 with the power button, and it would start normally. The day update 3.61 came out. Updated system. Played Section 8 froze like normal. I'm like okay just restart system. Not even a minute of it turning it back on it freezes on the main menu(XMB). Looks like a huge glicth on the screen blue spots everywhere on the screen. Sometimes screen freezes to. So I press power button peeps twice to let me know it froze like normal. Press power button to turn system on, power is on green light but no picture. So I press power button and guess what it doesn't work can't get it to shut off. No beep when press power button, so I have to unplug it let it set. Then it will turn on and do the same damn thing. My conclusion is the update is screwed up. Think about never had this problem until update 3.61. So sony don't tell us the ubdate wouldn't do that cause I think your just covering urself until the new update comes. So I'm gonna wait until a new update comes. Download it to a flashdrive scan it with norton 360 and if it finds something wrong with it I won't use it. I'm gonna scan updat 3.61 to. If there is something on there I will post it. If there is I'm gonna sue you Sony for messing up my PS3. Plain and simple.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 62 of 264 (608 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I think that mine is fixing itself... I am now doing a full factory restore, and it hasn't turned off yet. *touch wood*

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 63 of 264 (590 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Scrach that...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 64 of 264 (585 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

It seems like I'm having the same problems, I did the update after the whole security breach thing. I put on a DVD and about an hour in it started to judder, the PS3 turned off. I got it to turn back on to get the disk out. then I put a game in to see if it was the DVD disk that was causing the problem. Now the PS3 wont turn on long enough to eject the disk.

40gb Original

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 65 of 264 (573 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

My 60gb original has never let me down, until yesterday afternoon, midway through a CoD session.

YLOD... :-( Updated it last week, played it once on Thursday - was ok, played for about 15mins on Sunday before it died.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 66 of 264 (558 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

My system died.. has never had a problem in all the years i had it. now it dies. Surely this isnt coincidence?

Sony has something to answer for.

Can we contact anyone about this? Is there an email that I can contact them on. They cant put me on hold then :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 67 of 264 (551 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Same here, 60gb never had any problems, well ventilated and dusted.

Updated and played for around an hour, noticed it was very very hot.

Next day played for around five mins, console turned itself off then red light flashes,

Luckily i bought a fan mod which has allowed me to play at the moment, helping keep it cool.

Something in this update seems to affect the fan speeds, thus causing overheat,

Will also contact watchdog,

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 68 of 264 (515 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

UK tel nr for PS3: 08447360595 (still correct?)

FRANCE tel nr. for PS3: 0820313233

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 69 of 264 (482 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

60GB BC PS3 that I've had since October 2007. It has never really failed me other than the odd freeze with LBP or whatever. I hadn't been playing it much recently since I was busy with uni work and whatnot, but I finished up the year and came back home on the 14th, a day before the update. I started playing it more, mostly FFXIII and LBP 2 on my folks' new HDTV (and it looks sweeeeet) and had no problems. LA Noire was posted on the Thursday and I played it for about 4 hours, I died during a case, restarted, the game froze during a cutscene and my PS3 turned off. I didn't think much of it at the time, but come the next day I tried to turn it on and it flashes yellow and turns straight off. So yeah, YLOD, it's dead.

It took me by surprise though. My PS3 has always been fine, it had plenty of space, itself and the weather weren't particularly that warm and the fans weren't going into overdrive...But it died on me. I don't know whether it's 3.61's fault, LA Noire's fault, a mixture of the two or if my PS3's time was coming anyway.

I personally just wanna get my disc out and buy a new PS3 Slim but despite the fact that I'm 20 and can live my own life, my folks are pretty adamant about me NOT getting a new one but instead seeing about getting it repaired. I'm not particularly keen on the idea, but what about you guys?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 70 of 264 (434 Views)
0 Kudos