Playstation Staff

Re: Flashing red light

i got the same problem but on 40gb ps3..  was on it for about an hour or so.. it did a game update then went off.. can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15 (1,304 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Did you get this sorted as i have the smae fault

Steve

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15 (1,156 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I had same red light flashing, my trusty 60Gig died March 2011 with YLOD, paid Sony £134 for Re-manufactured replacement, worked with no problem until August 2011, 3 beeps red light flashing. Rang Sony and they sent me another Re-manufactured replacement, ps3 fat, worked fine until 19/12/20011 ,3 beeps red light flashing. Rang Sony and they sent me another Re-manufactured replacement, ps3 fat, worked fine until 10/02/2011, 3 beeps red light flashing. Rang Sony again and they are sending my a 120Gb slim as an upgrade because of all the problems with the replacements. I can`t fault Sony`s customer care department, I  just wish I could get a strait answer to question "what does Re-manufactured actually mean".  I also own a Ps1, Ps2, Psp and have pre-ordered a Ps Vita. Thanks in advance if anyone can explain what this means  as I have had four explanation`s  and I am still confused.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15 (1,152 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

It seems like nobody wants to touch this one, got my new PS3 slim today so may be posting for a while, got some serious gaming to do.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15 (1,144 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I too have now got this problem, ps3 40gb. I only turned it on and it had the YLOD...

Surely this has to be either a design  fault, manufacturing defect or just a ploy from sony to make sure we change our consoles every 4-5 years or so.

This is not good enough Sony!!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15 (1,140 Views)
0 Kudos