17 Sep 2013
By: EddieCz Member 13 Posts
Level 1

GTA V DISAPPEARED!! PS+ corrupted my GTA V game

9 Replies 550 Views Created 17-09-2013

Right so last night I was playing happily after 1am because i downloaded and installed the day before with no problems...........turned of about 2am-ish then my ps3 turned itself on to do its normal routine updates........i came to it this morning and it had corrupted my game install so i have spent all day redownloading and installing......Sony ***** are you doing?! why make us pay extra for an INconvinience.............Oh and litterally just now my 3rd download of the day just had error message...

WHY DID MY GAME DISSAPEAR OF MY CONSOLE WHEN YOU DID YOUR ROUTINE PS+ AUTOMATIC UPDATE!!??

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (550 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

Re: GTA V DISAPPEARED!! PS+ corrupted my GTA V game

You getting a 80029564 error? If so wait till after 4PM to download it - Re: GTA V - Corrupted data - Page 14 - PlayStation Forum

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (548 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I am now yea but that doesn't answer as to why when ps+ did an update thing it deleted/corrupt my actual copy of the game :/ like I said i was happily playing it last night by morning it got corrupted
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (542 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Can't help you but can say that this happened to me too. Was enjoying the game last night, turned it off and went to bed. When I turned it on this morning there was nothing but a corrupted icon under my Games tab. When I went to re-download it and install, my installation was stuck at 14% which is the issue in the other thread on this forum. Now I'm trying to download it, once again. What a complete mess. Paid extra money to get it on PSN only to wait longer and be infuriated.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (452 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Same happened to me man!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (443 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Sony....you need to compensate us for your stupid mistake. I don't want a refund for my game although a percentage back for inconvenience would suffice. I want my game to work and stay on my ps3........Be a good Lad sony and compensate us all £10 for the inconvenience after all we could of all got it from Asda for £37.99.........
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (437 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Oh and at 57% the download just had an error you *****ing suck sony!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (425 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

People said in the other thread their download was reset. This could be it. They could have released a working version
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (412 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Its saying I have to buy the game again

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (404 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I have come up with a reason why the game was rendered corrupt after successfully playing it last night.

I still had the preorder set and ready to automatically download. 

So before the game was "officially released" sony let us download perfect copies of the game ( I know this because my little brother downloaded the excat same time that i did on sunday).

After release they *****ed up and sent out corrupt installers and what have you.

The reason why my game ended up corrupt is becasue it automatically downloaded the game (again) while i was sleeping and attempted an install and failing thus leaving me with ***** ALL and a broken copy of the game................Sony sort us out a nice £10 good will jesture. Don't be scumbags.

Eddie

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (381 Views)
0 Kudos