furey78

80%
02 Rank
Progress

GTA V HAS BROKEN MY PS3

220 Replies 15,479 Views Created 21-09-2013
21 Sep 2013
By furey78

I was playing gta v last night, finished a mission and the ps3 froze. i re-started it and got the 2 error beeps and now it wont read any games. ive tried re-building the data base in safe mode and am now half way through backing it up so i can format it. Has anyone else tried this? did it work? has anyone anymore ideas? please help cos if i dont get it fixed im going to have to talk to the wife.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MAOZZO

22%
02 Rank
Progress
MAOZZO
Accepted Solution
Nope. Iv contacted the ps helpdesk and they offered me a new ps3 slim 160gb for 99 euro. Cuite a lot for something that is not my fault..
0 Kudos

Re: GTA V HAS BROKEN MY PS3

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rnarula99

25%
02 Rank
Progress
rnarula99
Accepted Solution
Today I was playing Gta 5 and was on the jewelry store mission... While I was escaping in the mission my Ps3 just suddenly froze..a few seconds before the freeze all the graphics became ruined and it suddenly froze..with all the engine sounds and game sounds still running... I turned the Ps3 off from it's power button but it won't turn off so I instead switched it off from the mains... Now no game will read..I also formatted the system but still nothing.. Sometimes the game's logo would appear but as it would start an error would appear and the game would shut down all other features are working perfectly.. But no game. Is being read...only fifa,13 comes close to starting

Please help
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wegotroaches2

27%
02 Rank
Progress
wegotroaches2
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TyrantVash

34%
02 Rank
Progress
TyrantVash
Accepted Solution

Seems I have fallen victim to this today. Have played GTA 5 since it came out over a year ago no issues. Ended up trying to join a mission and froze up. Had to do a hard restart cause holding the power clearly didn't work. Now my playstation (gen 2 80 gb) will read disc sometimes and will load some games but lock up and freeze. I do see everyone having the same issue but has anyone had some sort of resolution?

Does playstation just say "send us your playstation and we will give you a new one..."? Is there a software fix?

Many people say it is a hardware issue when clearly it isn't. Something happened in the process of loading Grand Theft Auto that caused the playstation to now mis-read disc or messed up the disc reader drivers. Any input is appreciated guys, just want to see what I should do and the best way to save all my data.

Regards

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rehanaownsu

41%
02 Rank
Progress
rehanaownsu
Accepted Solution

i have had the first model of ps3 since it came out. i first got gtav when it first came out, played the hell out of it...got up to lvl 70 with a crew of 8 friends.

all of a sudden one day its just really laggy and i get stuck in the ground...screen frozen in place unable to move but with the sounds, xmb, and voice chat still working.

***** has gta done to my ps3...it was a classic model i really liked it. i tried to restore file system and now it wont install many games. the only game i have gotten to work is dead island. i tried cod ghosts, when it finishes downloading from the store it fails on install(6 tries still nothing, thats me downloading 12 gigs 6 ***** times) i turn the net off ps3 and try to install battlefield it installs and i can play...then i turn the net on and try to download update, error while downloading randomly (5%, 15%, 99%)

it cant be my net because i have a ps4 and everything runs flawlessly. no problem ever. i get constant good speeds on my pc too. i have mac filtering enabled on my router and know what i'm doing. the download speed on ps3 compared to ps4 is ridiculous. i can download 20-40gb in 2 hours maybe less. ps3 struggles 1gig in an hour.

it was not like this before. what happened? will they fix my ps3 if i send it in?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TyrantVash

34%
02 Rank
Progress
TyrantVash
Accepted Solution
Hey Dude,

I found this vid online on youtube. I was having troubles reading my disc but if the game would read it would freeze. Try these steps. I just did and they fixed the issue.

Be sure to save ur game data to a flash stick or HDD just in case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATk-7qob_C4

Hope it works for you as well.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TyrantVash

34%
02 Rank
Progress
TyrantVash
Accepted Solution

To anyone else having the issue. this video seemed to fix he issue for me. I contacted PS support and got a "you can send it in for 80$". No trouble shooting nothing. But a few days later while waiting for the box I came across this video and the suggestions seemed to work for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATk-7qob_C4

Just be sure to back up your saved files if anything to be safe. Be sure if you use a flash stick or HDD that it is set to FAT32 format. You can check online how to do this. Easiest way is to open the drive from 'My Computer' and right click the drive and hit "Format". You can then see if the drive is FAT32 format.

Cheers and best of luck.

GTA wont be hitting my PS3 any more thats for sure. Next gen if anything.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rehanaownsu

41%
02 Rank
Progress
rehanaownsu
Accepted Solution

thanks im trying it now but when i select to restore file system it just says Preparing Please wait...

been like this for an hour now i will wait abit longer but my guess is the hard drive has failed. =/

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wegotroaches2

27%
02 Rank
Progress
wegotroaches2
Accepted Solution
I agree there should be a recall or voucher off on the ps4 gta pack.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wegotroaches2

27%
02 Rank
Progress
wegotroaches2
Accepted Solution
Ive gone thru 3 ps3z behind this
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

w_adrian12

25%
02 Rank
Progress
w_adrian12
Accepted Solution
My PS3 slim not broken but GTA 5 making my fan spend really fast and it gets really hot when I play it. need a new one or a PS4
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel