Playstation Staff

Re: GTA V HAS BROKEN MY PS3

The freezing has happened to my ps3 several times, however now when i trie to play it goes completely black on the screen and i have to restart my ps3, does someone hace this problem as well
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 161 of 210 (896 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

But this game is infact making ps3s malfunction by not being able to read discs of any kind anymore.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 162 of 210 (787 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

well this game is causing ps3 systems to malfunction not being able read any type of discs anymore so the game is at fault here
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 163 of 210 (781 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I will add to this list, and for the record - this has happened to me. GTAV has been the only game I've been playing on my 1st issue PS3 since it came out. The unit has performed flawlessly since purchased. 

After a week or so of not playing, I put the game in today to play a bit. The game loaded, and I was given Trevor, in the strip club office. It's raining outside. I walk outside, and can't shoot... sound is not loading properly. When I push pause, the map does not load. When I get into a car, I can drive for a short distance, and the game freezes immedately. There is no radio, no SFX, no car sounds. I cannot get out of the car, after I'm IN the car. I've tried blowing myself up, and it freezes when trying to spawn at the hospital. I tried to switch characters, and nothing.

I've reloaded the game data, doesn't work. I played a blu-ray disc, and it works. I played another game (old copy of NBA 08 EA) and it loaded and played fine. 

I tried the game on my son's PS3 slim, and it worked fine. He has not played it as much as I have (don't judge me!). I'm seriously irritated at this!!!!

Senior Video editor for the soon to be, biggest sports website in the nation.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 164 of 210 (699 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I'm another victim of GTA 5 breaking my ps3 which is now out of warranty and I've lost money. I've emailed playstation so I will wait for there reply and if I don't here anything I will take it to Watchdog.

This shouldn't happen or at least compensate us for the broken consoles.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 165 of 210 (577 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

We'll after speaking to the playstation call centre advisor I spoke to today, he admitted that sony are aware that gta 5 and call of duty ghosts are breaking ps3s as the older consoles cannot cope with the games-my only options he advised was to either pay £110 for a replacement with a 3 month warranty or just wait to get a ps4 and accept the loss. I am not happy with this as why should we be punished for them releasing games that are breaking consoles. I have asked for a full refund and if not I will be taking this to Watchdog as I am sure they will be interested in this as it seems more and more people are being affected by this and they have admitted liability, and they are not helping customers

I will keep you updated on this
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 166 of 210 (550 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

This is interesting, I don't personally have GTA V but I do have the new NFS Rivals and the same problem cropt up for me :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 167 of 210 (529 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

It's weird that an online support guy gets on here and says that there's no such thing as discs breaking consoles, and a phone support guy is telling everyone that GTA is breaking old PS3s. It's frustrating enough to have a problem but to unearth that a company you trusted has terrible customer service and know-nothing support techs is a whole new level of frustrating all on its own.

Needless to say, chalk me up as one of the many with this problem. Playing one night, game shuts itself off out of nowhere and hasn't turned on since.

Really wanted to pick up a PS4 here but I won't be doing that until this problem is rectified for me. A very big concern with how Sony is operating these days.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 168 of 210 (521 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Mine broke a couple of weeks ago (while playing GTA V). I really get frustated because i have been reading comments on different forums all over the internet, for a couple of weeks now, that the blu ray lens can't read any kind of disc anymore. In the meanwhile, there this random tech support guy who tells us that games cannot molest our PS3. All I is see is denial in every degree

I have a first gen PS3 (40GB). I have changed the lens one year ago. I tried everything the support told us to do. Nothing helped

WE have a broken PS3. And we don't get the proper help from PS3. Is there nothing we can do. I mean as (ex)users and (ex)fans of PS3?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 169 of 210 (480 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Gregg929 wrote:
It's weird that an online support guy gets on here and says that there's no such thing as discs breaking consoles, and a phone support guy is telling everyone that GTA is breaking old PS3s. It's frustrating enough to have a problem but to unearth that a company you trusted has terrible customer service and know-nothing support techs is a whole new level of frustrating all on its own.

Needless to say, chalk me up as one of the many with this problem. Playing one night, game shuts itself off out of nowhere and hasn't turned on since.

Really wanted to pick up a PS4 here but I won't be doing that until this problem is rectified for me. A very big concern with how Sony is operating these days.

Your 'online support guy on here' is this post.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Support-PS3/GTA-V-HAS-BROKEN-MY-PS3/m-p/19808829/highlight/tr...

And your 'Phone support guy' is this post. (Even though he/she calls it a call centre advisor)

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Support-PS3/GTA-V-HAS-BROKEN-MY-PS3/m-p/20163747/highlight/tr...

Notice any difference. :smileywink:

I have a sneaky suspicion on which post is worth taking notice of.

And for those who think mont348 is a 'SONY rep. being paid by Rockstar'.

Try again.

He is simply a regular poster like you and me, but he has solved many technical PS3 issues for people on the forum, and has rightly deserved to earn the 'Champion PS3 Support' forum title.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Support-PS3/GTA-V-HAS-BROKEN-MY-PS3/m-p/19967695/highlight/tr...

Exaggerating and making false accustions/allegations doesn't get you anywhere people.

I understand the frustration levels are high, but try not to let things run out of control.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 170 of 210 (469 Views)
0 Kudos